Portable power source with high efficiency for charging batteries and portable devices.
Universal portable charger based on the electrochemical generator designed to charge batteries and portable electronic devices. As an electrochemical generator uses low-temperature hydrogen-air fuel cell. The kit includes a tank (container with a source of hydrogen). The cylinders are recharged from the cell.
Portable power supply has the following items:
– low-temperature hydrogen–air fuel cell (generator);
– the container (a container with a source of hydrogen “fuel tank”). The cylinders are recharged from the cell, the number of cycles not less than 10 thousand;
– head–lamp 1000 Lum.
In Russia and the world actively in the development and implementation on the basis of low-temperature hydrogen–air fuel elements with proton–exchange membrane type (PEMFC). The principle of their work lies in the process of splitting hydrogen molecules at the anode into protons and electrons, positive charge transfer through the proton–exchange membrane, while electrons pass through the load of the consumer. Then there is a subsequent recovery of ions of hydrogen at the cathode and oxidation with oxygen. Thus, the chemical energy of hydrogen molecules and oxygen (from air) is converted into electrical energy (with an efficiency of 60%), “exhaust” is clean water vapor.
Platform “Energy” is developed with versatile output port provides for connection to a single power source different removable head parts with the required consumer voltage converters, output connectors, light sources, etc.
– quick start (2 min);
– temperature range is guaranteed cold start 0…+50 C;
– operating temperature range -20…+50 C;
– portable power supply has a high efficiency (up to 60% on electricity, according to the net calorific value of hydrogen),
– autoscaling of the output power in real time depending on the connected load;
– security (maximum internal cylinder pressure in the operating temperature range does not exceed 10 ATM, the pressure in the fuel cell and the hydrogen stream after the reducer does not exceed 1.5 ATM);
– reliability (low number of moving parts and no discharge in standby mode);
– no noise;
– modular construction, allowing to scale the power and energy consumption without any significant structural changes – to meet a broad range of customer requirements;
– replacement cartridges are a source of hydrogen and can be repeatedly refilled (with metal hydride inside) or contain an irreversible chemical source of hydrogen;
– activating the appliance and the supply of hydrogen from an established tank is a one step – an extension of the head portion of the product to a length of about 15mm with a force not exceeding 15 N.
– power up to 50 W;
– tank energy 100 W*h and weighing less than 0.6 kg;
– the total length of the product with the container about 250 mm, diameter 55 mm extension of the head portion to 70 mm (the dimensions of the flashlight);
– weight without container approximately 0.3 kg;
– temperature range is guaranteed cold start: 0…+40°C;
– operating temperature range: -15…+40°C;
– system safe – maximum internal cylinder pressure in the operating temperature range does not exceed 10 ATM, the pressure in the fuel cell and the hydrogen stream after the reducer does not exceed 1.5 ATM.;
– discharge in idle mode is missing.
Note: the description of technology in example system portable power supply “of Energy”.