Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) is a material for extreme operating conditions.
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) is a material for extreme operating conditions. It is resistant to abrasives, to aggressive environments, gamma-rays, to ultraviolet radiation, chemical resistance, exceptionally high impact resistance up to 170 kJ/m2, a low coefficient of friction – as Teflon, frost resistance down to minus 80 °C physiological inertness.
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) is a polymer of linear structure with a molecular weight of more than 1.5 million Has properties that are in demand in various fields of technology and economy, especially in extreme conditions.
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene as a commodity product produced in powder form with a particle size in the region of 50-200 microns.
– the ability to molochnokislaya and the possibility of obtaining a heavy-duty threads (300-380 SN/Tex), exceeding their strength characteristics of the thread of all known materials,
– resistance to abrasive action,
– extremely high impact resistance up to 170 kJ/m2,
– low coefficient of friction – as Teflon,
– frost resistance to minus 80 °C,
– physiological inertness,
– resistance to aggressive environments,
– resistance to gamma radiation,
– increased rigidity,
– chemical resistance,
– resistance to UV radiation.
– high strength yarns for the manufacture of medium body armor (bulletproof vests, helmets), parachute slings, ropes, woven and non-woven materials (protective clothing, parachutes, etc.);
– lining of mining equipment, such as dump truck bodies, railcars, including for work in the North ore mining and mining equipment, including for work in Northern conditions;
– parts and subassemblies for various purposes (gears, bearing sleeves, rails, etc.) and elements of mechanisms that require high strength, shock resistance, frost resistance, low coefficient of friction;
– tapes and plates for the manufacture of sliding surfaces (artificial skating rinks, ski);
– protective coating of apparatusoperating in corrosive environments;
– filters for the food and chemical industries;
– separator tape for batteries.
|The molecular weight||in the field 1 •106 – 8 • 106 (adjustable)|
|The average particle size||in the area of 50-180 microns (adjustable)|
|Narrow distribution of particle size||SPAN < 1,0|
|High bulk density powder||400-500 g/l|
|The ash content in titanium||not more than 3 ppm|
|The total ash content||not more than 150 ppm|
– pressing (sintering under pressure),
– spraying (horacemann, electrostatic),
– gel-forming (fiber).