Cryogel for growth and development of plants in adverse conditions.
Cryogel covers and protects the root system of plants from drying out or freezing, and also prevents the leaching of soil water and snatching the roots by the wind. It keeps the water in liquid form at temperatures down to -40 C. If the cryogel is to plant a plant, it will be “in coat”, the roots will better withstand heat, cold, respectively, the plant does not die.
Cryogel is a viscous aqueous solution of a special polymer, which, after freezing/thawing, becomes an elastic mass which retains water in liquid form at -40 degrees Celsius. The more cycles of freezing and thawing the cryogel is experiencing, the better its mechanical properties: increased strength, elasticity, increased adhesion to the rock. A solution of polymer keeps moisture for 21 days, the cryogel with the soil even longer.
The polymer is made from oil and gas and does not affect living organisms, does not inhibit the microflora of the soil and of itself does not affect living organisms.
The cryogels in water even at minus 40 behaves as liquid water. If the cryogel is to plant a plant, it will be “in coat”, the roots will better withstand heat, cold, respectively, the plant does not die. Cryogel covers and protects the root system of plants from drying out or freezing, and also prevents the leaching of soil water and snatching the roots by the wind. In the soil contribute in the process of sowing seeds or drop-off of young trees with water and fertilizer. To do this it is recommended in late autumn or early spring, when the night is kept below freezing.
Mix the cryogel with the cheap soil and fertilizerand then place the solution into the hole together with the seedling. This creates a comfortable starting conditions for the plant, it then grows and develops on their own. The technology of growing plants using cryogel is called cryohydromorphic because it allows you to grow plants even in severe frosts.
Cryogels can be used for growing plants in different conditions: in rocky soil, on slopes, at very low temperatures in soils exposed to strong wind, water, linear and planar erosion, and even on Mars.
– restoration of soil fertility,
– the fight with wind, water, linear and planar erosion,
– providing plant growth in adverse and extreme climatic conditions, including at very low and very high temperatures
– in the Gobi desert of Mongolia have been made by planting trees. In two years, the trees at the three sites rose to the meter. Compared to other they are greener, and planted in the same period, but without cryogel, the tree died. At the site in the Gobi desert on the bare sand with cryogel rose clover.
– the effect of the cryogel is tested in Khakassia, where the soil is exposed to severe erosion: the wind light soil layer just “flies”. To strengthen the soil covered with a layer of soil mixed with a solution of cryogel. Trees and plants on this soil grow.
– in Chita, the winter is very cold, the frost is strong, and the snow falls a little — the whole soil freezes. Planted in the cryogel help the plants grow and grow.