Technology is in the process of development!
Superconducting motor has a specific power and specific torque is 2-5 times higher than that of conventional counterparts of similar size. Had significantly reduced weight and dimensions.
Superconducting motor is an electric motor, the windings of which are used in high-temperature superconductors (HTSC). For cooling the superconductors below the critical temperature in the motor design includes cryogenics.
Superconductors are materials with zero electrical resistance that they exhibit at low and very low temperatures. The uniqueness of high-temperature superconductors (HTSC) is that this property can be realized at the temperature available and inexpensive liquid nitrogen, which is technically easily achievable. In addition, high-temperature superconductingwires have a current density of more than 500 A/mm2, which allows you to transfer without loss to a thin superconductor as much electric power as a copper cable having a section a hundred times more.
The use of high-temperature superconductors (HTS) in electric motors significantly reduces the size and weight themselves the motorsbut also the weight and dimensions of related power supply systems and electric propulsion, which is very important, for example, to create a variety of aircraft and underwater vehicles or heavy-duty motors.
In the future, the transition to the superconducting motors will greatly increase the tractive power of the engines while maintaining a relatively low mass.
Compared with traditional motors, high-temperature superconductingmotor has a number of advantages:
– power density is 2-5 times higher than that of conventional counterparts of similar size,
times (3-5 times) reduced the loss even with the cost of cryogenics,
– much higher specific torque than conventional counterparts,
– low noise,
– improved stability in transient conditions,
– high resistance against overload,
– high efficiency,
– significantly reduced weight (4-5 times) and the dimensions of the motor,
– high efficiency, reaching 98 %,
– the presence of his cryogenic technology significantly reduces the probability of ignition of the power unit.
Note: © Photo ,