Screw piles as cheap and environmentally friendly building materials.
Screw piles are used to create supporting structures and foundations in all soil conditions except rock. They allow us to completely abandon the excavation works and does not align the site. Screw pile immediately after screwing ready to accept the full design load. Screw piles in more than 4 times cheaper than regular Foundation. Are characterized by high speed of installation and does not require special skills. Work on screwing piles can be performed at any time of the year.
Screw piles are used to create supporting structures and foundations. Widely used abroad since the mid-nineteenth century. Screw piles may be used in all soil conditions except rock.
Today, screw piles are widely used for various types of buildings, it is primarily due to the installation speed of foundations, absence of vibration, immersion, installation independent of season, which means the opportunity to work in the winter time during freezing ground and precipitation.
– flexibility and the opportunity to build almost any (marshy, etc.) soils,
– economic efficiency by reducing labor costs and increasing the life,
– allow to completely abandon the excavation works and does not align the site
– the opportunity to work in close proximity to underground utilities, trees or in dense urban areas,
– after screwing ready to accept the full design load,
– do not require waterproofing
– engineering communications it is possible to design and execute in parallel with the construction of the house,
– screw piles have a maximum carrying capacity of 8 tons,
– high speed of installation,
– easy installation that requires no special skills
– high maintainability,
– work can be done at any time of the year
– the lack of time to shrink the design,
– reuse of screw piles,
– no vibration during the penetration,
– all work, if necessary, can be performed manually
– do not violate the integrity of the soil,
– in more than 4 times cheaper than regular Foundation
– mounted in the wintertime in sub-zero temperatures.
– the construction of the Foundation on the marshy ground,
– in construction, time limited,
– construction of Foundation for high voltage lines, masts and power lines (power lines),
– the construction of the Foundation frame buildings (hangars, warehouses, temporary buildings),
– the construction of the Foundation of light construction (fencing, billboards),
– the construction of the Foundation of hydraulic structures in flooded soils (piers, bridges,etc.)
– to strengthen the slopes,
– in terms of reconstruction, where necessary to eliminate vibration during the penetration into the ground (foundations for equipment in existing buildings, the construction near cultural and historical monuments),
– as bases for temporary structures, with the possibility of dismantling (trade pavilions, amusement facilities),
– for the erection of fences,
– for road signs
– for road and temporary fencing.
There are two kinds of installation of screw piles: use of special equipment and manual. The first is used very rarely, as it is not always possible to get to the place of work, hampered by trees, buildings, etc. the Second is a manual screwing of the piles to the desired depth strictly on the level. Work is performed manually. For ease of understanding, a simple example (a spin tube). Screwed to a depth, based on the quality of the soil. The basic rule – the pile needs to reach the hard “core” layer.
|View soil||The penetration rate of corrosion of unprotected metal millimeters per year|
|The boundary soil-atmosphere (mean)||0,0814|
From this it is evident that the period of total destruction by corrosion of the walls of the pile in 4mm.
– clay – 125 years
– sand – 137 years
– peat – 122 years,
– the boundary soil-atmosphere (average for all soils) is 50 years.
Thus, in the manufacture of screw piles, special attention should be paid to anti-corrosion treatment of the upper body of the pile, or with a period of 5 years should be treated part of the pile which is on the border of the soil-atmosphere anticorrosive mastic.
Filling the pile shaft by a cement-sandy solution, increases the service life by significantly reducing corrosion activity inside the barrel, increasing the strength of the trunk and eliminates the gap of the pipe and getting inside the barrel of water, in winter conditions.
Note: © Photo .