Clean the oil from metals and sulfur.
Clean the oil from metals and sulfur combines a set of technological solutions with implementation of various embodiments of the extraction process, including using rotating coiled columns, centrifugal extractors and installations supercritical extraction. These technological solutions provide reduction of capital costs of oil refining.
Clean the oil from metals and sulfur today is an urgent task. A number of elements that are in oil, are catalytic poisons, quickly deactivating costly industrial catalysts for oil refining, which leads to increased formation of gas and coke reduces the total amount of fuel, reduces the quality of the petroleum product, disables hardware (due to corrosion). Therefore, the purification of oil and its individual fractions of trace metals and sulfur topical for oil refining and oil production.
Today, the metals included in the composition of oil, mostly gone forever, thus causing great ecological harm (vanadium and Nickel belong to the 1st class Toxicological risks) or accumulated in the waste production of heavy oil residues. Therefore, the selection of metals from oil is important to reduce environmental pressures in oil-producing and refining areas.
The explored stocks of ores of vanadium and Nickel are depleted. Calculations based on information about the total annual production of oil and its content of vanadium and Nickel show that only in the year of our country permanently loses about 20 thousand tons of Nickel and 60 thousand tons of vanadium. In this regard, additional raw materials metals important for industry.
Clean the oil from metals and sulfur combines a set of technological solutions with implementation of various embodiments of the extraction process, including using rotating coiled columns, centrifugal extractors and installations supercritical extraction.
The uniqueness of the developed technical solutions is to implement features of the process of multistage extraction into refining – contact oil solutions (or in pairs) inorganic acids, which allows only due to the change of distribution coefficients of inorganic components to distinguish them from oil (organic phase) to another phase without changing the physico-chemical properties and structural composition of the oil coming to refining.
The design of the extractor is based on the fact that the application of centrifugal oil extractor (in the figure marked in yellow) and the immiscible solvent (in the picture in blue) are fed into the mixing chamber at the bottom of the housing. The rotating mixing disk mixes the solutions in the dispersion (figure highlighted in green). Efficient mixing of the phases provides the maximum mass exchange between the solutions. Then phases separated under gravity or centrifugal force, depending on the type of the selected extractor. Mixing and separative work represents one phase of extraction.
– the reduction of capital costs of oil refining. Reducing the cost of catalysts of oil refining due to the increase in their lifetime (to 70%),
– the possibility of purification of oil from sulphur and metals with low energy consumption due to the lack of necessity to use high temperatures and an extra input of hydrogen,
– obtaining commercial oil and finished products with improved properties (free from metals and sulfur),
– obtaining improved raw materials (vacuum gas oil) for the production of needle coke,
– the application of extraction technology for oil purification from metals and sulfur at the stage of production (especially in the regime of supercritical extraction), which will significantly reduce transportation costs of oil by reducing corrosion of pipelines,
– cleaning of oil from metal simultaneously with the dehydration,
– by-product – raw material for the production of marketable metals (vanadium, Nickel and others).
Complex technological solutions for separation of metals (the demetallization) and sulfur from oil and oil products include:
– a method for concentrating trace elements in the system crude oil – aqueous phase in a centrifugal field
– method of application of centrifugal fields to hold the system oil – water phase in a separation column,
– method of creating conditions that prevent the formation of emulsions at the interface in the systems of oil – water phase,
– method of optimization of the composition of the aqueous phase for the extraction of metals from petroleum and petroleum products in a centrifugal field
– optimization of conditions for extracting rare earth elements from oil in a centrifugal field
– the way of getting separated from oil concentrates of metals for the metals industry
– optimization of the hydrodynamic conditions and kinetics of mass transfer in conducting the extraction process in a centrifugal field for the quantitative extraction of elements from the oil,
– method of extraction of metals from the corrosive properties of the oil before its transportation
– method of extraction of extraction of metals from heavy petroleum residues.