Waxing – protection technology of wood.
Waxed surface resistant to scratches and protects the wood from the penetration of pests. Wax does not form on the surface of the wood film, and fills in the cracks and large pores in it, making it easier to care for wooden products.
This method of protecting wood, like waxing, is known for a very long time. But to this day in Russia use the old and time consuming technique of applying wax by hand.
The composition of beeswax are present certain substances in the form of esters, free fatty acids, hydrocarbons, it is practically not oxidized, and therefore able to maintain their properties for hundreds and even thousands of years.
Scientists have created a fundamentally different technology. It is to apply melted wax with a temperature not higher than 100 degrees on a wooden product, after which the surface is processed by a jet of gas with a temperature 460-560°C. After that, even polishing is not needed.
– waxed surface waterproof,
– any varnish closes the pores and if the tree is not Dossena it is gradually destroyed. Wax does not seal the wood under the wax continues to “breathe”
– waxed the surface is scratch resistant and protects the wood from the penetration of insectpests,
– wax does not form on the surface of the wood film, and fills in the cracks and large pores in it, making it easier to care for wooden products
– the wax is completely harmless to health and has long been considered the best remedy for the treatment of wooden surfaces in the living room,
– wood pattern becomes brighter, more contrast.