Water filter designed for water purification. Its main task is to remove from the liquid all toxic substances, but keep it useful components.
That man on 2/3 consists of water, knows every student, so it is very important that the H2O coming into our body, it was as clean and useful. However, scale in the kettle and the sediment at the bottom of the cups acknowledge the fact that the quality of tap water in our homes is far from ideal, and the healing fluid contains not only hydrogen and oxygen, but bacteria, dirt, lime and other impurities. Able to drink purified water from natural wells is not every person, so the best way to get clean drinking water is to buy water filter.
The quality of drinking water on the planet is deteriorating every year: fresh water constantly polluted, treatment plants are not subject to planned repairs, the pipes through which water is supplied to houses, become obsolete and are destroyed. As a result, a great number of dirt, rust, harmful microorganisms and other toxic substances remains in the water that we drink. In addition, the fluid may contain salts of metals, alkali, lime, chlorine, hydrogen sulfide and various organic compounds also did not add health.
To meet the demand of clean and chemically balanced water are produced by special filters-purifiers. Their main task is to remove from the fluid all toxic substances, but keep it useful components that cannot be done by boiling. Some filters enrich the water with minerals or with silver ions, others allow you to taste the pure spring water.
The choice of water filter is carried out according to the following criteria:
– the quality of tap water – depending on the major pollutants are selected sorbents in the filters, softeners, etc.;
– the amount of liquid for a large family requires large amounts of clean water;
– the location where the existence of the possibility of installing a large filtration systems;
– the budget for the purchase.
Water purifiers come in four types:
– tips on the faucet;
sorption filters installed under the kitchen sink;
filters reverse osmosis.
Each has its own features and benefits, and to determine the choice, it is necessary to consider the principle of operation of each of them.
A filter pitcher for water purification represents a suitable container with two compartments, the movement of water between which occurs through a special filter.
Filtration includes mechanical and chemical cleaning, the new model also kill the pathogenic microorganisms (bioremediation).
The principle of operation of the filter is the same for all manufacturers: water sequentially passes through certain layers of the cartridge, the check in itself harmful components. The combination of different layers and may include the following substances:
– activated charcoal is the most popular component, because it has a high rate of absorption, is capable of removing from a fluid 99% of all harmful compounds;
– zeolites – minerals from the class of silicates, effectively retarding organic compounds and ammonia;
– the shungit – a kind of rock, removing from the liquid chlorine and enriching mineral compounds; acts as a supporting layer;
– ionoobmennaya resin – layer allows to make the water softer;
– antibacterial layers – additives, which allows to destroy pathogens and prevent its reproduction in the cartridge; the most popular is silver.
The principle of operation of the filter-jug is simple: you pour water in the top compartment and wait for it through the cartridge will leak into the bottom.
The advantages of jars include:
– low cost;
– ability to purchase virtually any supermarket;
– mobility – it’s easy to carry, you can easily find a place in the kitchen, in the office, at the cottage etc.
– no special devices for performance of their functions;
– does not require connection to the mains.
The disadvantages of the jars include:
– the average degree of purification;
is a relatively small amount of waterthat it can clean at one time – no more than 1.7 liters;
– frequent changing of cartridges – the family of four with daily use of the filter is recommended to change the cassette every 1.5-2 months. On average, one cartridge lasts for 250 to 300 litres of clean water. Not to forget to hold shift magazine will allow indicators – electronic or mechanical.
Nozzle on the faucet is a tank with a cartridge inside that connects directly to the faucet.
Quality and the principle of cleaning is comparable to the filter jug, but this filter is more convenient: there is no limit to the volume of the liquid, no need to look for a place on the table for its placement, to monitor the availability of pure water.
The advantage of the more expensive models is the presence of the switch that allows you to put water to bypass the filter. This function is needed in situations when you want to quickly pour the desired volume of waterand its quality there are no special requirements.
This filter allows you to 0,5-1 liter of purified water per minute.
Its advantages include:
– compactness – small size does not interfere with the use of the crane;
– easy installation – does not require connection to the pipes and special fixtures;
– low price – filter is quite affordable;
– more deep cleaning than the pitcher.
The disadvantages of the nozzle on the faucet:
– small service life of consumables – cartridges should be changed every 2-4 weeks;
– when there is no switch to set the unfiltered water will need to disable the filter and then mount again.
Nozzles are a good alternative to pots, but to use them as convenient as possible is to choose a model with a switch.
Flow-through filter (sorptive) system “under the sink” is considered to be one of the best types of filters on a parity “price-quality”, despite some difficulties in assembling and high cost of purchase.
The filtration system requires some space in the cupboard under the sink, because it includes a set of three (rarely four) Kolb, conducting a consistent clean water. The filter is connected to the water pipe, and then through a flexible hose to the mixer.
Flasks with filters contain layers of different cleansing agents, and are established depending on the purification, in the course of water movement. Filtering is carried out in sequence:
– mechanical cleaning – removal of water from large particles of mineral compounds, metals , etc.;
– sorption – the absorption of small toxic particles organic compounds;
– softening of water;
– disinfection, saturation with minerals.
The advantages of this filter are:
– deep cleaning fluid is completely removed lime, chlorine, rust, dirt, most of the organic components;
– capacity is 1-1,5 liters per minute.
A significant drawback of the system is the fact that it’s not suitable for hard water: in this case, the filters that are responsible for mitigation of fluid must be changed very often, and this is reflected in the ultimate cost of water for consumers. Also the disadvantages include the bulkiness of the filter and the complexity of his installation.
A simple kind of running system is a desktop running filter cartridge, placed in a plastic case to supply the table. Connects to the faucet with flexible hose through which it receives water, and is equipped with a faucet to supply clean water.
Reverse osmosis filter – the most advanced water purification system, after passing through which the liquid removed absolutely all harmful substances. The system is also installed under the sink and connected to the plumbing, but the sink is a different faucet for drinking water. In contrast to the flow filter, the system includes not only the modules to absorb and retain harmful impurities, but a flask with a special membrane. The latter’s task is to carry out the cleaning fluid at the molecular level and delay are all available in the H2O its toxic particles, including malicious viruses.
The filter structure is very complicated and beyond the basic flasks for cleaning, can be additionally equipped with:
– pump – if there is a problem with the water pressure;
the low pressure reducer – if the supply of fluid is too aggressive;
– the tourmaline cartridge allows to restore the structure of H2O;
– increased capacity for liquid is appropriate for a large family with significant water consumption;
the mineralizer will allow you to saturate the water, the most essential body minerals (magnesium, calcium, sodium);
– UV block – additionally sterilizes the water after all degrees of purification.
This system allows to save up to 10 litres of clean water to cope with the problem of scale. However, in addition to component costs, it implies the cost of electricity and (in the absence of pump) a stable water pressure.
Thus, the more complicated the filtration system, the higher its cost, but the quality of water produced with the help, above. With the right care and timely replacement of cartridges each filter will provide a family with clean and healthy drinking water for good health and longevity.
Note: © Photo ,