The upper stage “Fregat” for the spacecraft on a given orbit.
Universal upper stage “Fregat” (RB “Fregat”) and is intended for use in rockets medium and heavy class for the purpose of the spacecraft at the different specified orbit.
Universal upper stage “Fregat” (RB “Fregat”) and is intended for use in rockets medium and heavy class to launch space vehicles at different specified orbit.
The basic upper stage, Fregat started a family of high-performance boosters that are created and are based on it. Application RB “Fregat” extra fuel tanks and block tanks (RB “Fregat-MT” and RB “Fregat-SB”) made it possible to significantly increase the weight of the filled fuel and, thereby, increase the efficiency of the booster.
Basis of design-layout scheme of the Republic of Belarus “Frigate” is a unit of tanks built on a monoblock carrier scheme. It has trasferisce configuration, consisting of six welded together spherical tanks, split spherical bottoms. Four of them are the tanks of oxidizer and fuel, two tanks are compartments to accommodate on-Board equipment (one sealed).
In one of the containers (sealed) is placed a monobloc control systems, including satellite navigation equipment (ASN) and the fans of system of maintenance of a thermal mode, in the other (unsealed) – small instrument compartment, office blocks, and Caraballo high pressure MDU and do POPS.
May 2016, made 58 runs of the Republic of Belarus “Frigate” of various modifications and displayed more than 100 spacecraft of Russian and foreign production.
– is universal and is used in the composition of rockets medium and heavy class (the Soyuz, proton, Zenit, later of “Angara”);
– Autonomous, i.e. it provides the whole process of launching a payload without interference from the Ground;
– logic RB provides a way out of possible emergency situations;
– the upper stage “Fregat” provides almost absolute accuracy of the spacecraft on the target orbit;
– for the first time in Russia in the control loop applied to satellite navigation equipment operating from navigation systems GLONASS and GPS, which significantly improved the accuracy of the spacecraft on the target orbit.
– the ability to re-enable the MDU to ensure optimal excretion;
– the upper stage “Fregat” components dressed with fuel before installing on the SC, making it versatile against any launch vehicles;
– for a long time (2 days) of active existence;
– the possibility of launches from three launch sites: Baikonur, Plesetsk and Guiana space centre “Kuru” (French Guiana), in the future the East.
Of the Republic of Belarus “Frigate” includes the following systems:
– propulsion system consisting of: main propulsion unit (MDU), the propulsion system of stabilization, orientation and launch of (DN pop);
– the control system (CS);
– telemetry system (TM);
– the sending device (DCD);
– antenna-feeder system (AFS):
– chemical current sources (HIT);
– system for thermal regime (SOTR);
– control system temperature and pressure (SKTD);
– the DME;
– office blocks.
The upper stage “Fregat-MT” (medium auxiliary tanks) is an upgraded RB “Frigate”, and is used to launch spacecraft from the Baikonur “Kuru” (French Guiana). Modernization is to adapt radio-telemetry system RB to work with the European network of ground tracking stations.
|The initial mass
with a maximum
|The final weight, kg||945||1035||1080|
|Dimensions: height/diameter, mm||1875/3440||1945/3800||2435/3875|
|Fuel components: oxidizer/fuel||AT/UDMH||AT/UDMH||AT/UDMH|
fuel/full tank filling, kg
|Pull the module: mode BT/MT, kgs||2030±100/1420±150||2030±100/1420±150||2030±100/1420±150|
|Specific impulse: mode BT/MT, with||333,2/320||333,2/320||333,2/320|
|The maximum number
Note: the description of technology on the example of the upper stage “Fregat”.