The strongest fiber – ultra-strong fiber from SMPA.
The strong fiber – fiber from UHMWPE – stronger than steel 10 times stronger than Kevlar by 40%. UHMWPE fiber is the only high-strength fiber, with buoyancy (0,98 g/cm3). Fibers of UHMWPE have a light weight, weather resistance, resistance to frost (up to – 80 ° C), water resistance.
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) is a material for the manufacture of sverkhvysokochastotnogo durable fiber and medium armor.
Fibers of UHMWPE stronger than steel and 10 times stronger than Kevlar by 40%. Resistance to ballistic impact of armor on the basis of UHMWPE 25% higher durability armor made of Kevlar, which in this case is 1.5 times heavier.
UHMWPE fiber is the only high-strength fiber, buoyant (of 0.98 g/cm3).
|Specific breaking load, SN/Tex GOST 6611.2-73||The modulus of elasticity SN/Tex GOST 6611.2-73|
|Strong fiber based on UHMWPE|
|With a para-aramid|
– high resistance to abrasion,
– shock resistance,
– chemical resistance,
– resistance to UV radiation,
– high mechanical characteristics (tensile strength, modulus of elasticity) compared to fibers from other polymers,
– light weight,
– weather resistance,
– frost resistance (–80 oC),
– good abrasion properties
– water resistance,
– the vibration absorbing capacity,
– high resistance to ballistic impacts, which makes the fiber, for example, a promising material for the production of bonestructure for protection against fragments and bullets (vests, helmets).
Sverkhvysokochastotnoi strong fiber obtained from the method of UHMWPE gel spinning.
The technology consists of dissolving the UHMWPE in a solvent (e.g. decalin or paraffin oil). If a diluted solution (concentration 5%) to squeeze through thin openings in water, it turns into a gel which is then subjected to a 30-fold elongation in a furnace (at 100°C and more). If this fibre is removed the solvent. The extrusion speed of the fiber up to 100 m/min is Obtained a heavy-duty fiber high modulus, specific strength which is higher than aramid fiber.
Get heavy-duty fiber retains all the properties of UHMWPE.
High strength thread from ultrahigh molecular weight polyethylene can be processed:
– in ultra-light composite materials combining high mechanical properties and impact resistance (air, vertoleta, shipbuilding and automotive);
– in personal and collective armor protection (body armor, combat helmets, bulletproof panels);
– products of mass demand (super-tough rope-rope products, slings, cables, fabrics, tapes, etc.).
Note: © Photo https://www.pexels.com, https://pixabay.com