The reinforcing coating for magnesium alloys and technology, the application of the device of concrete floors magazine website
A reinforcing ceramic coating for magnesium alloys.
The reinforcing coating for magnesium alloys would reduce the weight of aircraft by 30% or more.
The principle of obtaining coatings
The advantages of parts made of magnesium alloys with a reinforcing coating
The reinforcing coating can be applied
Magnesium itself is a light, malleable metal, but a ceramic reinforcing coating will ensure a high wear resistance and the required hardness.
Now for the aircraft industry commonly used alloys based on aluminium. The density of aluminium is 2.7 kg/DM, and magnesium is 1.3-1.7 kg/DM (weight is almost two times less).
The principle of obtaining of coatings:
Special coatings contain inorganic non-metallic compounds at the interface of two environments – metal or metal and fluid. Under the influence of high-energy stream (of plasma) chemical bonding at the boundaries are broken, and synthesized a new substance. Work oxide, carbide or nitride compounds. Grow together with the surface of one of the media, they become a kind of armor for metal products – do not exfoliate, have a high strength at deformation and temperature resistance.
The technology allows to change the functional properties of the materials and to obtain coatings with desired properties.
The advantages of parts made of magnesium alloys with a reinforcing coating:
– reduction of weight of flying vehicles by 30% or more;
– cost reduction on the launch and operation of aerospace equipment;
– the more you save on fuel;
– more easy to transport parts.
the saving in weight of parts for various devices;
The reinforcing coating may be applied:
– in the aerospace industry, the automotive and construction sectors;
– for electronics, (with respect to the specified properties for the coverage) due to the high thermal diffusivity and electrical resistance;
– for insulators, (with respect to the specified properties for the coverage) due to the low thermal conductivity.