A reinforcing ceramic coating for magnesium alloys.
The reinforcing coating for magnesium alloys would reduce the weight of aircraft by 30% or more.
Now for the aircraft industry commonly used alloys based on aluminium. The density of aluminium is 2.7 kg/DM, and magnesium is 1.3-1.7 kg/DM (weight is almost two times less).
Special coatings contain inorganic non-metallic compounds at the interface of two environments – metal or metal and fluid. Under the influence of high-energy stream (of plasma) chemical bonding at the boundaries are broken, and synthesized a new substance. Work oxide, carbide or nitride compounds. Grow together with the surface of one of the media, they become a kind of armor for metal products – do not exfoliate, have a high strength at deformation and temperature resistance.
The technology allows to change the functional properties of the materials and to obtain coatings with desired properties.
– reduction of weight of flying vehicles by 30% or more;
– cost reduction on the launch and operation of aerospace equipment;
– the more you save on fuel;
– more easy to transport parts.
the saving in weight of parts for various devices;
– in the aerospace industry, the automotive and construction sectors;
– for electronics, (with respect to the specified properties for the coverage) due to the high thermal diffusivity and electrical resistance;
– for insulators, (with respect to the specified properties for the coverage) due to the low thermal conductivity.