Eco-friendly polymer-sorbent of organic components for irrigation of agricultural plants.
The polymer-sorbent “Solid water” is a small-size pellets, resembling coarse sugar, one kilogram dry granule which is able to absorb about 500 gallons of water with all dissolved nutrients, the pellets increase by about 100 times.
The technology is awaiting funding!
Eco-friendly polymer-sorbent of organic components of “Hard water” – polymer compound, based on potassium (crosslinked copolymer of polyacrylate-polyacrylamide potassium). The polymer-sorbent is a small-size pellets, resembling coarse sugar, one kilogram dry granule which is able to absorb about 500 gallons of water with all dissolved nutrients, the pellets increase by about 100 times.
Dry the substance is a white granules with a density of 540±40 g/m3 pH 6.0 to 6.8, and a particle size of 70-2000 microns. In contact in a moist environment is the swelling of the granules with the subsequent formation of eleveno mass.
The polymer-sorbent does not dissolve in water, when watering will not leach from the soil and works successfully for about 10 years, when a single application in soil reduces irrigation frequency and volume more than 50 %, and saves water-soluble fertilizers, stimulators, protectors, preventing them from leaching.
The action of the sorbent-polymer based on the properties of water. Water soluble with all nutrients it gets in a polymer matrix (inside the frame of the ion exchanger), forming its walls, and acquires the structure of ice, which allows it to gain a foothold in the polymer-sorbent. Therefore, the polymer is called “hard water”. When the level of humidity around the granule is reduced, due to the matrix are broken, changing the structure of the liquid and it enters the soil.
To begin irrigation, you need to “sow” sorbent field, and then abundantly watered it with water. After that, the polymer-sorbent starts to work in automatic mode, maintaining the required for the plants moisture level. When this level falls below a certain threshold, the granules give the water in the soil. And when it rains again swell, absorbing her. One filling of the sorbent-polymer with water will be sufficient for the entire growing season. In this case, the advantage is that the granules are not washed out of the soil, so that their duration can range from five to ten years. Depending on the type of plants in the soil is paid a different amount of sorbent and, accordingly, different amounts of water.
The main property is the absorption and retention of water inside the frame of the ion exchanger, and with all soluble in it in nutrients. The soil around the roots is not converted into the cortex, it provides access of air and water to the roots, and also excludes the possibility of its erosion. At the onset of the dry period, the root system of a plant takes from the soil the necessary amount of moisture. The pellet decreases, returning to its original size and is ready for a new cycle of accumulation of water.
Thus, there is aeration and drainage of soil, and each plant independently selects the necessary amount of water. The main advantage is that drugs of the type “solid water” is not only easy to absorb water, holding it down, but if necessary just as easily give it the root system of the plant. This process can be repeated virtually an unlimited number of times, to the complete disintegration of substance.
– environmentally friendly. The polymer-sorbent “Solid water” is made from organic ingredients, is fully disposed in natural conditions as to the complete disintegration of substance. The polymer-sorbent “Hard water” and its breakdown products are environmentally safe and non-toxic;
– possibility of enrichment of polymer-sorbent of trace elements, organic additives and nutrients for crop plants, substances;
– the ability to absorb water up to 500 times of the volume of the polymer sorbent;
– the ease and simplicity of soil according to the principle “once made and forgot”. Incorporated in the soil standard of agricultural machinery and equipment. Requires the use of additional equipment;
– can withstand multiple cycles of vegetation (growing up to 10 cycles) and cycles of freezing and thawing, and heating and temperature changes. Granules of the sorbent-polymer do not break in winter;
– polymer-sorbent was washed from the soil;
– introduced into the soil when sowing seeds, later working 10 years;
– at the end of the use of a fully decomposed without harming the environment. Does not require recycling of decay products and the spent polymer-sorbent;
– the cost is lower 1.5 – 2 times than the imported counterparts (roughly 10-12 dollars USA per 1 kg);
– plant roots can easily penetrate into the swollen polymer-sorbent, forming a single system;
– increase productivity in 2 times (for example barley);
– the irrigation method with the use of a sorbent-polymer is environmentally friendly, it eliminates saracinesche and soil salinity, which can occur under normal irrigation;
– when using polymer-sorbent reduces the consumption of water when watering plants, the frequency of irrigation and volume of water more than 50%;
– increases the enzymatic activity of soil in comparison with traditional methods;
– increases the number of soil microorganisms by 2 times.
– in regions with arid climate;
– in greenhouses;
– in order to agricultural intensification;
– to increase crop yields.
In 2015, conducted field tests.
Note: the description of technology in example, the polymer-sorbent “Hard water”.
© Photo https://www.pexels.com, http://www.vsu.ru.