The nanofluid is a fluid containing nanoparticles and agglomerates of nanoparticles, i.e. particles with a size of 0.1-100 nm. Such fluids possess special physicochemical properties.
The nanofluid (also – nanoemulsion or nanofluid) is a fluid containing nanoparticles and agglomerates of nanoparticles, i.e. particles with a size of 0.1-100 nm.
The nanofluid is a colloidal solution of nanoparticles in the liquid solvent. The share of surface they account for 50% of all substances. As the dispersion medium is usually water or glycol.
Owing to the small size of the dispersed phase nanofluids possess special physicochemical properties. They are characterized by high surface energy due to the large number of atoms in the excited state and having at least one free electron on the outer energy level. Nanofluids have a significantly increased conductivity, excellent transport ability for poorly soluble amphiphilic and lipophilic substances, etc. properties.
Nanofluids are applied:
in chemical processes, including catalysis,
– for cooling of various devices,
– when creating new systems of transportation and production of thermal energy,
– in bio – and nanotechnology for various purposes,
– when creating a new medicinal and cosmetic preparations
for drug delivery, nanosensors and nanoactuators,
– to create systems of recognition of contamination of different type
– to create systems cleaning air and water,
– when creating a new lubricating material,
– when creating a new varnish and paint.
Note: © Photo ,