Technology Flip-chip (inverted crystal) — method of mounting crystals on printed circuit boards and other substrates, in which crystal is installed on the findings directly on the contact areas. Technology Flip-chip provides high-density mounting and miniaturization of the PCB and the finished product.
Technology Flip-chip (inverted crystal) — method of mounting crystals on printed circuit boards and other substrates, in which crystal is installed on the findings directly on the contact areas.
Currently uses the following methods of mounting the crystal on a substrate by the technology of Flip-chip:
– gluing the findings of the crystal to the substrate by using anisotropic conductive adhesive (film or paste),
– pre-formed on the contact platforms of the crystal of the gold bump and the subsequent creation of the contact pads of the substrate by way of thermocompression,
– creating contact between benami crystal substrate and sites with ultrasound,
– soldering the die to the substrate using a tin-lead solder.
technology provides higher component density,
– miniaturization of the finished product,
– space saving on the PCB
– low height and low weight of the PCB
– reducing the cost of materials,
– shortening of connections that provides the best electrical parameters
– fewer connections, which reduces the number of potential nodes of failure and provides a more effective distribution of thermal energy,
– a very short electrical connection that leads to improving the performance of the chip and reduce heat.