Tank containers for liquids.
Tank container is a container consisting of a frame (frame elements) and tanks equipped with drain valves and devices for efficient unloading under the action of gravity and under pressure.
Specifications of tank containers
Features domestic offshore tank containers
Tank containers (tanks) intended for the carriage of liquids, liquefied gases and some bulk products. Tank container is a container consisting of a frame (frame elements) and tanks equipped with drain valves and devices for efficient unloading under the action of gravity and under pressure.
Products recommended for transportation and storage in tank-containers:
– foods: alcohol (beer, wine, brandy, vodka), edible oil, food additives, concentrated fruit juices, mineral water, milk, etc.
– industrial products: oil and oil products, oils and lubricants, liquefied gases, chemical substances, paints, salt solutions, fatty acids, granular and bulk materials, liquefied gases, etc.
– the effectiveness. Tank containers are particularly convenient during transport multimodal, using several types of transport (automobile, railway, water transport). Since the basic transport module is a 20 foot container (20’x8’x8’6″), tank containers can be transported without repacking the cargo when changing transport in contrast to railway and car tanks. This property of tank containers ensures the safety and security of transportation.
– use for storing liquids. Tank containers are also convenient for storage of liquids such as in the equipped areas (container terminals) and unequipped, as they do not require prepared sites.
– reduction of costs. The use of tank containers significantly reduces the cost of transportation in comparison with transportation of a liquid of the same volume in barrels: tank-containers hold 60% more load, occupying the same space and having the same cost of transportation.
– ease of use,
– reliability and quality. Tank-tank made of stainless steel, resistant to the product transported and not acting on them. The inner surface of the tank-tank has a special coating to protect against corrosive environments. Tank container is more rigid and massive structure of the frame of the container, which is reinforced with additional ribs. This makes the design of tank container more durable, able to withstand high loads. Therefore, these tank containers are robust during transportation and stacking. Tank containers are equipped with a drain valve, which protects the cargo from leaking. Tank containers can be equipped with a layer of insulation and steam heating system, which greatly facilitates unloading in winter conditions.
– security. Tank containers have successfully passed all the tests, among which were: stacking, lifting upper corner fittings, the lifting for the lower corner fittings, fastening in the longitudinal direction, transverse shear, longitudinal shear, dropping the container on a hard floor, tension-compression, impact and others.
control. Tank containers are manufactured under the supervision of International classification societies: Bureau Veritas, ABS, Lloyd’s Register, Det Norske Veritas, SGS, Germanyscher Lloyd, Russian Maritime Register of Shipping. Tank containers are checked under the supervision of Russian Maritime register of Shipping.
Types of tank containers:
Tank containers are divided into several types, which in turn indicate the suitability for carriage of a shipment:
– IMO 0 – suitable for transportation of non-hazardous food cargo that does not require discharge under pressure (milk, mineral water, vegetable oil, unconcentrated juices) capacity from 20 to 30 thousand liters and the thickness of the walls of the flask tank 2. Can be equipped with a layer of insulation and steam heating.
– IMO 1 – suitable for transportation of all types of liquid chemical cargoes. The capacity is from 14 to 30 thousand liters and the thickness of the walls of the tank 4 to 7 mm, the presence of the upper drain depends on the nature of the cargo. The working pressure of the flask tank from a 2.65 to 6 atmospheres. Can be equipped with a layer of insulation and steam heating and electric heating.
– IMO 2 – suitable for the transport of a wide range of food products that also have the hazard class and chemical products allowed for transportation with a bottom drain. Capacity from 21 to 30 thousand liters and the thickness of the walls of the tank 3 to 4 mm. Working pressure of the flask tank from 1.75 to 3 atmospheres Can be equipped with a layer of insulation and steam heating and electric heating.
Technical characteristics of the tank containers:
|ISO’x8’20 x8’6″, 20’x8’x8′||IMO 0||IMO 1||IMO 2|
|Min-Max||17 000 – 26 000||11 000 – 26 000||17 000 – 26 000|
|Tare weight (kg)|
|Min-Max||2 200 – 3 000||3 500 – 6 000||2 500 – 4 000|
|The wall thickness of the container|
|Min-Max||2 mm – 3 mm||5.2 mm – 8 mm||3 mm – 4 mm|
|Safety devices according to international requirements||valve||valve + serinyena disk||valve|
|Thermal insulation (Kcal/м2х°C)|
|Min-Max||0,7 – 0,17||0,7 – 0,28||0,7 – 0,17|
|Steam heated surface|
|Min-Max||1.5 m2 – 5 m2||2.5 m2 – 10 m2||2.5 m2 – 5 m2|
|Working pressure||A 1.75 – 2.5 bar||4 – 6 bar||3 – 6 bar|
Features domestic offshore tank containers:
To date offshore tank containers on the territory of the Russian Federation were issued.
Domestic offshore tank-containers intended for the carriage of 36% hydrochloric acid.
The diameter of the tanks is 1900 mm with a wall thickness of 6 mm. This allows you to store and transport hydrochloric acid at a pressure of not more than 0.4 MPa at ambient temperatures from -40 to + 500 C. storage Capacity is 14.5 m3.
Evidence of type approval of container design from the Russian Maritime register of shipping.