Stone paper or synthetic to replace paper made from wood pulp.
Eco-friendly stone paper, which can replace paper made from wood pulp, is composed of approximately 80% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) and 20% non-toxic polymer. It is more resistant to moisture, heat, fire, grease, chemicals and insects. Absorbs 20% less ink than traditional paper.
Stone paper (other names: limestone or mineral) is a combination of calcium carbonate with non-toxic polymer HDPE. In appearance it is similar to traditional paper. But in its properties and qualities it is much superior to ordinary paper made of wood. It’s bright white in color, soft to the touch.
Paper made of stone is composed of approximately 80% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) and 20% non-toxic polymer that is used as a connecting element. For the manufacture of such paper is used, the powder of calcium carbonate, which is obtained by the usual grinding of limestone to a state of dust, and bind it non-toxic synthetic resin HDPE (polyethylene high strength).
In a conventional paper made from trees, also contains calcium carbonate. But its content is small – no more than 20-30%.
For the production of the stone paper does not require water, acids, bleaching and wood, so its introduction will reduce deforestation on the planet.
– uses less energy to manufacture,
– in the manufacture of stone paper don’t apply harmful chemical substances (acids, bleaches,etc.)
stone paper is environmentally friendly composition and safety to the environment,
– materials for production are available in plenty,
– can be completely recycled for a new use,
– more resistant to moisture, heat, fire, grease, chemicals and insects
– more durable,
– absorbs 20% less ink than traditional paper,
– an exception to the felling of trees, forests on the planet for the manufacture of paper,
– durable, waterproof, tear-resistant material,
– suitable for recycling and disposal
– not decomposed by microorganisms, however, in nature, quickly decomposed into basic components,
– resistant to abrasion,
– does not contain chlorine, acids,
– is irestaurant,
– ease of manufacturing. Manufacturing of stone paper excludes a number of technological operations and complex expensive equipment.
|Production of pure traditional paper:||The traditional secondary manufacturing of paper from waste:||Paper manufacturing from stone:|
|For the production of 1 ton requires 20 trees, 38 000 kJ of energy. Used bleach.||The production of 1 t is required 4 wood, 23 000 kJ of energy. Used bleach.||The production of 1 t is required 0 trees 12 000 kJ of energy. Do not apply bleach or any chemicals.|
|As the waste turns 73 m3 of contaminated water.
|As the waste turns 41 m3 of contaminated water.||No waste.|
– for manufacturing of packages, packaging;
– for the production of books, notebooks, magazines, envelopes, etc.;
– to print and use in advertising field;
– for outdoor use (with additional UV protection).
Calcium carbonate is one of the most common materials on Earth. It is produced as a separate raw materials in mining, and as waste.
At the same time, deforestation on the planet – an environmental problem for all mankind.
The destruction of forests leads to very negative consequences, disappear some species of flora and fauna, increase natural disasters (increasing temperature, the enhanced greenhouse effect become frequent floods, etc.). Areas left without forest as a result of deforestation, become a desert, because loss of trees causes the thin layer of fertile soil is easily washed away by rainfall.
The use of the stone paper allow to solve this problem and to improve the ecological situation on the planet Earth.
Note: © Photo https://www.pexels.com.