Spirulina and its properties in nutrition, cosmetics.
Spirulina is very rich in proteins, 100 g powder spirulina contains 60-70 g protein, 3 times more than in soybeans. Proteins spirulina is very easily digested – by 65-80%, whereas soy proteins – 40%. Spirulina contains 18 types of amino acids, 8 of which are essential (i.e., are not synthesized in the human body). In addition, it contains essential minerals and trace elements.
Arthrospira (lat.) is a genus of cyanobacteria (blue-green algae) order oscillatoriales (Oscillatoriales). Man and various animals are eaten mainly two species: Arthrospira platensis and Arthrospira maxima, which has a commercial name “Spirulina”.
Spirulina is very rich in proteins, 100 g powder spirulina contains 60-70 g protein, 3 times more than in soybeans. Proteins spirulina is very easily digested – by 65-80%, whereas soy proteins – 40%. It contains 18 kinds of amino acids, 8 of which are essential (i.e., are not synthesized in the human body). In addition, it contains essential minerals and trace elements, including iron, calcium, sodium, potassium, copper, magnesium, manganese, zinc, phosphorus, selenium, and many kinds of vitamins, A, b, C, D, E, Riboflavin, thiamine, carotene, nucleic acid, nuclein, V-linolenic acid, cholinesterase, blue Algin, of polysaccharide, mannitol, phenol and other active substances and antioxidants. Spirulina is the only source of phycocyanin – a particular protein, raising immunity and improving blood. Has the record digestibility among all vegetable and animal products – 95,1%.
Members of the genus Arthrospira is cultivated worldwide, used as a food additive and independent product that is available in the form of tablets, flakes and powder, and also as feed additives for breeding fish and poultry.
Considered one of a natural and affordable anti-aging tools because of its powerful antioxidant action.
Due to persistent pigment, often an extract of spirulina is used in food industry as natural colorant.
– of the total weight of spirulina, about 65 % is digestible protein, which includes almost all essential amino acids
– contains unsaturated fatty acids omega 3, 6 and 9,
– due to the presence of chlorophyll, helping to cleanse the blood of toxins and strengthen the immune system,
– high content of easily digestible iron makes spirulina a useful Supplement in the treatment of anemia,
improves eyesight and healthy eyes in General,
– has anti-inflammatory properties,
– stimulates cell regeneration, thus actively used in cosmetics,
– removes waste and toxins
– improves the immune system,
– regular intake of spirulina helps to get rid of the symptoms of many types of allergies, such as Allergy to pollen that torments many people in the spring,
– reduces the level of cholesterol in blood, regulates blood pressure,
– inhibits the development of tumor cells, preventing many types of cancer,
– improves memory,
– healthy cardiovascular system,
– accelerates metabolism,
– revitalizes the skin from within. Used for acne and dermatitis,
– gives energy charge,
– improves digestion.