Solar PV installation using nanoheterostructure converters.
Solar PV installation using nanoheterostructure converters is designed to generate electricity through photovoltaic conversion of direct solar radiation and have high efficiency – up to 37-45%.
Solar PV installation using nanoheterostructure converters is designed to generate electricity through photovoltaic conversion of direct solar radiation.
The efficiency of conversion of solar energy into traditional silicon solar cells is small and is about 15-19%.
Solar PV installation using nanoheterostructure converters have high efficiency – up to 37-45%. They are therefore the further development of solar energy.
Solar photovoltaic installation consists of a set of concentrator photovoltaic modules, located by a stepwise manner on an electro-mechanical system for solar tracking, equipped with a sensor position of the Sun.
A separate concentrator photovoltaic module of which are going to install, consists of a frontal concentrator panel, which is a matrix of Fresnel lenses, and the rear electricity generating Board, where the foci of the lenses are located photoelectric converters, covered elements of the secondary concentrating optics.
Thus, a photovoltaic installation in its composition and uses:
– solar elements of new generation – cascade photovoltaic converters based on nanoheterostructures for photoelectric conversion of concentrated radiation with an efficiency of 37-45%.
Photovoltaic cells are made of semiconductor (compounds A3B5) of multilayered nanoheterostructures with three to five cascades photoelectric conversion optimized for efficient conversion of various parts of the solar spectrum. Nanoheterostructure solar cells are formed using vapor-phase epitaxy from ORGANOMETALLIC compounds.
– focusing system – Fresnel lens and a secondary concentrating optics (optical efficiency up to 90%, the concentration rate up to 1000 times),
– precision (+/- 0.1 ang. deg) 2-axis system for solar tracking.
Model number of solar PV installations represented by a series of 0.5 to 5 kW. These units can be equipped with inverters that convert DC to AC, and the system of accumulation of electricity.
– high efficiency – up to 37-45%.
– reduction in the density of semiconductor photoelectric transducers in the 800-1000 times proportional to the multiplicity of concentrating,
– an increase of 2.5 times compared to traditional solar panels the amount of electricitygenerated per unit area due to the greater efficiency of photovoltaic inverters and Sun tracking,
– lifetime more than 25 years.