Resistant – precision alloy based on iron (65-82 %), which is composed of chromium (12-27 %), aluminum (3,5-5,5 %), silicon (1 %), manganese (0,7%) with a high specific electrical resistance and high heat resistance.
Resistant — precision alloy based on iron (Fe) (65-82 %), which is composed of chromium (Cr) (12-27 %), aluminium (Al) (3,5-5,5 %), silicon (Si) (1 %), manganese (Mn) (0,7 %).
Used for the manufacture of various heating elements of household appliances and powerful electric heating devices industrial and process furnaces with operating temperatures up to 1400 °C, starting-brake resistors, electric locomotives, railcar rolling stock.
– very fragile
– has a high hardness 200-250 HB on the Rockwell scale. The hardness is comparable to mild steel,
– easily machined
– has a high specific electrical resistance of 1.2 and 1.3 μω·m, which determines its application as electric heaters,
density 7100-7300 kg/m3,
– melting point of approximately 1450-1500 °C,
– resistant to oxidation in air at high temperature,
– has a high yield strength,
– maintains corrosion resistance in various environments, including in an oxidizing atmosphere containing sulfur and sulfur compounds, carbon, hydrogen,
– magnetic due to the content in the alloy of iron,
– has a high heat resistance, operating temperature up to 1400 °C.