Resistant – precision alloy based on iron (65-82 %), which is composed of chromium (12-27 %), aluminum (3,5-5,5 %), silicon (1 %), manganese (0,7%) with a high specific electrical resistance and high heat resistance.
Used for the manufacture of various heating elements of household appliances and powerful electric heating devices industrial and process furnaces with operating temperatures up to 1400 °C, starting-brake resistors, electric locomotives, railcar rolling stock.
– very fragile
– has a high hardness 200-250 HB on the Rockwell scale. The hardness is comparable to mild steel,
– easily machined
– has a high specific electrical resistance of 1.2 and 1.3 μω·m, which determines its application as electric heaters,
density 7100-7300 kg/m3,
– melting point of approximately 1450-1500 °C,
– resistant to oxidation in air at high temperature,
– has a high yield strength,
– maintains corrosion resistance in various environments, including in an oxidizing atmosphere containing sulfur and sulfur compounds, carbon, hydrogen,
– magnetic due to the content in the alloy of iron,
– has a high heat resistance, operating temperature up to 1400 °C.