Production of nanomaterials by the method of electrical explosion
Production of nanomaterials (metals, alloys and other inorganic chemical compounds) by the method of electrical explosion.
Production of nanomaterials (metals, alloys and other chemical compounds inorganic materials) by the method of electrical explosion of metallic conductors (EVP technology) is one of the promising methods of obtaining a wide range of nanopowders of inorganic materials with high chemical activity based on switching processes.
Advantages of obtaining nanopowders by EEW method
Production of nanomaterials (metals, alloys and other chemical compounds inorganic materials) by the method of electrical explosion of metallic conductors (EVP-technology) is one of the promising methods of obtaining a wide range of nanopowders of inorganic materials with high chemical activity based on switching processes. As a consequence of extreme formation conditions electroexplosive nanoparticles (high temperature and high speed process) in EVP is formed of non-equilibrium structure of the dispersed phase nanopowders.
For the transfer of the metal surface in an inactive state, the process of passivation of nanopowders. This allows you to protect nanopowders of metals from the effects of corrosion. The entire process takes place without the use of harmful chemicals in a closed volume in inert gases and the flow rate of inert gases in the production process is minimized.
For the production of nanopowders by EEW method is used electroexplosive installation UDP-2M.
Advantages of obtaining nanopowders by EEW method in comparison with other physical methods for the production of nanopowders:
– high efficiency energy transfer up to 90 %. In EVP-technology energy pulse is introduced directly into the volume of metal, the consumption of energy for heating the environment is relatively low,
– the possibility of flexible regulation of the process parameters and, accordingly, the characteristics of the resulting powders
– relatively small in relation to other physical methods, the dispersion in particle size,
– on the one hand, the relative stability properties of electroexplosive nanopowders in normal conditions, on the other – high activity in various chemical processes,
– the versatility of the method. In EVP-technology, the only limitation is the use of a conductive material of the required diameter. The method allows to obtain a wide range of nanoscale materials
– low cost of equipment, its simplicity, small dimensions and weight,
– EVP-technology allows to significantly save energy in the process,
– EVP-technology allows to produce nanopowders at room temperature
– EVP-technology allows to completely avoid harmful emissions,
– EVP-technology allows not to change the equipment when obtaining ultrafine powders of different chemical composition.