Polymeric materials based on Dicyclopentadiene (PGCPD).
Polymeric materials based on Dicyclopentadiene (PGCPD) – class of new polymer materials with unique high performance.
Polymeric materials based on Dicyclopentadiene (PGCPD) – class of new polymer materialsthat possess unique high performance.
The source material for PDTPD is Dicyclopentadiene monomer, a by-product in the production of ethylene, which has not previously found application.
Composite materialsmanufactured using PGCPD as a binder of pletena and fabricsat least 10 times superior to the characteristics of the source material. PGCPD replace epoxy resin, which is now one of the most common binders for composites.
Polymeric materials based on Dicyclopentadiene (PGCPD) is superprimary future.
– low cost and low energy consumption for production,
– low density,
– high strength,
– high hardness,
– high impact strength. Even the nail does not break,
– wide range of operating temperatures (from -60 0C to 320 0C)
– withstands high pressure (to 110 bar) compared with metal,
– high resistance to corrosion, petroleum products (oils, aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons),
– ease of machining
– easy for gluing and painting,
– the possibility of high-precision molding of products of complex shape,
– low coefficient of thermal expansion,
– low water absorption,
– high chemical resistance. Extremely resistant to acids, alkalis and other aggressive environments
– high corrosion resistance,
– attractive appearance,
– no unpleasant smell,
– very light compared to fiberglass and aluminum,
– does not lose shape and firmness in a wide temperature range,
– is environmentally degradable plastic, the combustion of which does not form toxic products (dioxins, chlorinated organic compounds, HCl).
– automotive, tractor industry,
– electrochemical industry
– chemical industry,
– in the home,
– in other industries.