Polymer-bitumen binders why in road construction GOST
Polymer-bitumen binders for road construction.
The use of polymer-bitumen binders instead of ordinary bitumen in the upper layer of asphalt coating extends the life of roads from 3-4 years to 7-10 years.
Properties and advantages of polymer-bitumen binders
Polymer modified asphalt binders compared to conventional oil road bitumen have improved handling characteristics, especially at negative temperatures. Their (polymer modified asphalt cement) is based on traditional road bitumen, and additives of plasticizers and polymers.
Properties and advantages of polymer-bitumen binders:
– highly resistant to deformation, including high and low temperatures,
– to better resist stress and fatigue, aging,
– have a high elasticity, as in a negative and at positive temperatures,
– extended interval of plasticity,
– increased tensile strength,
– increased adhesion with the components of asphalt mixtures
– 60% reduced cost of roads maintenance with the replacement of conventional bitumen, polymer-bitumen binders,
– increase the service life of the pavement 2-3 times
– the use of polymer-bitumen binders in the upper layer of asphalt coating extends the life of roads with 3-4 years that provide ordinary bitumen, up to 7-10 years
– operating temperature range polymer-bitumen binders is 110 OS.