Polyetheretherketone – a semi-crystalline thermoplastic high-tech polymer having outstanding mechanical, chemical, dielectric, structural, etc. properties that is stored by heating of the material +260 °C (at short-term heating up to +330°C).
Polyetheretherketone (international designation – REEK, Russian – PEEK) – semi-crystalline thermoplastic high-tech polymerpossessing outstanding mechanical, chemical, dielectric, structural, etc. properties that is stored by heating of the material +260 °C (at short-term heating up to +330°C).
Polyetheretherketone represent aromatic polymers (polyarylene), the molecular chain which is constructed of filinovich cycles, carboxyl groups and atoms of oxygen. Synthesized several types of PEEK, which properties are determined by the content of the ketone groups. The concentration of the ketone groups in the structure of PEEK is 33 %.
Polyetheretherketone is a versatile polymerused in various high-technology industries under extreme conditions: the automotive, petroleum, chemical, pharmaceutical, gas, food, nuclear, aerospace industry, in metallurgy, aircraft building, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, medicine and other industries.
Due to its unique properties is able to replace conventional metals and alloys.
It is made from parts of pumps and compressors, gears, bearings, rollers, gear wheels, bushings, spindle nut, valves, ball valves, metering pistons, etc. parts and products.
– has high mechanical properties (high stiffness, strength,etc.)
– resistant to mechanical loads
– retains its properties at high temperatures of operation,
– has a high temperature range of operation from -60 to +260 °C,
– withstands short term temperatures up to +330°C
– resistant to UV rays. The ultraviolet rays only lead to a slight change in the color material – light yellowing
– resistant to gamma, x-ray, radioactive and other high-energy radiation, including open space,
– resistant to water vapor and moisture, has low water absorption,
– provides good resistance to abrasive wear,
– has the smallest of plastics the emission of harmful gaseous substances under the action of an open flame,
– has a high dimensional stability even at high temperatures of operation,
– parts and products made from peek material have a long life,
– has a low coefficient of friction,
– characterized by high wear resistance, is almost impossible to wear
– has a low level of permeability,
– can contact with food products without a negative impact on it,
– resistance to chemically aggressive environments, weather resistant,
– chemically inert,
– resistant to hot liquids and most chemicals
– good insulator
– resistant to high electric stress,
– has a high level of thermal conductivity,
– has a high hardness,
– is similar to bone tissue parameters biocompatible with the tissues of a living organism
– safe to human health,
– over time, does not crack and does not lose appearance
is fire resistant.
Note: © Photo //www.pexels.com, //pixabay.com