Plasma-mechanical processing of steels and alloys.
Plasma-mechanical treatment is a combined treatment method of metals in which the cutting is carried out simultaneously with plasma heating. This treatment improves the performance of the carousel, turning, planing, milling etc machine tools in 10-40 times.
It is known that heated metal is easier to process by cutting. Plasma-mechanical processing of high strength, high tensile and other steels and alloys combines the processes of pre – plasma treatment of metallic workpieces and traditional mechanical processes of metal processing by using a cutting tool.
In the first process, the preliminary plasma treatment of metal material heating and softening of metal to the cutting depth using the local dosed heating in a spot of the plasma arc. The effects of plasma on metal is localized at the place of subsequent machining. The heating temperature for difficult to machine steels and alloys is between 700 OS and more.
Heating of the surface layer of the workpiece is accompanied by:
– a decrease in strength and hardness of the processed material in the cutting layer 2 or more times,
– the occurrence of structural transformations and thermal stresses in the surface layer of the workpiece after the plasma treatment,
– melting part of the metal, which leads to a reduction of the cross section of the cut,
– the changing nature of friction on the contact surfaces of the heated layer of the metal workpiece and the cutting tool.
In the subsequent process rasprodany layer of metal is removed by the cutting tool.
Plasma-mechanical treatment of any exposed steel and alloys, including high strength, hard, low, corrosion-resistant, titanium and some superalloys.
The plasma torch can be installed on any rotary, turning, planing, milling etc machine.
– improve performance vertical turning, turning, planing, milling etc machine tools in 10-40 times,
– the overall heating of the part is smaller compared to conventional machining,
– flexibility and control technologies
– multiple increase of tool life. So, under normal machining manganese steel resource cutter is rarely more than 15-20 minutes at a plasma-machining cutters working hours
– significantly reduced energy costs for processing of the product than conventional machining,
the time is reduced ten times while reducing power consumption for its processing.
Note: © Photo ,