Membrane technology gas separation.
Membrane technology gas separation is a technology of organization and implementation process for the separation of various gas mixtures using a semipermeable membrane. Is characterized by high selectivity, specific performance and efficiency, as well as simplicity and reliability.
Membrane technology gas separation is a technology of organization and implementation process for the separation of various gas mixtures using a semi-permeable membrane.
Separation of gases on the membrane can occur without chemical reactions and chemical transformations, with the help of introduced into the membrane catalysts and enzymes. As membranes use polymer film, hollow fiber, thin metal or ceramic plate, a layer of liquid etc. a Promising direction is the use of asymmetric membranes of hollow fibres, because they are characterized by high selectivity.
For gas separation membrane installed in a separate membrane module, which has one inlet for entry of the initial mixture of gas and two branch pipes for outlet of separated component gases. Membrane modules are gas separation membrane installation.
The mass transfer through the membrane is carried out under the action of potential fields of different nature (fields of pressure, temperature, concentration, gravity, electromagnetic nature, etc.). Typically use a pressure difference. Gases quickly diffuse through the polymer membrane (e.g. H2, CO2, O2, water vapor, and higher hydrocarbons) out of the membrane module via one of the output ports. Gaza, “slowly” penetrating through the membrane (e.g., CO, N2, CH4) out of the membrane module through the second outlet.
Membrane gas separation units are divided into single and multi – stage. The separation of gas mixtures in single-stage membrane systems used in those cases where the membrane has a very high selectivity with respect to the recoverable component. Multistage installations can include one or more membrane modules connected in parallel, in series or in combination.
Membrane technology gas separation is used in the processing and utilization of natural gas and associated petroleum gas, obtaining oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide from the air, for purification of waste gases, the separation of hydrogen from associated gas , etc.
– simplicity of hardware design and management processes, easy modification as requirements change,
– long operation of the membrane under their invariable characteristics,
bezregistracii and chemical resistance of the membranes
– the resistance of the membrane to the solid particles
– proven practice, the online membranes,
– high specific performance technologies,
– high selectivity membranes
– the ability to change the characteristics of the incoming flow (pressure, temperature, etc.) gases without compromising technology
– quick start/stop of setup and minimal investment of time and funds to start technology
– minimal maintenance – requires no attention from the operator, the possibility of complete automation technology
– a minimum of auxiliary equipment,
– compactness – small area for installation,
– high efficiency, measured in kWh per 1 m3 of the gas mixture separated from 0,2 kW and above.