Magnetic pulse treatment of metals to improve the characteristics or deformation.
Magnetic pulse treatment of metals is a method of treatment of the material, at which the impact of electrodynamic forces generated in the conducting body of the product that is in an alternating electromagnetic field. Magnetic-pulse processing of metals is directed at improving the technical characteristics of the processed material (accuracy, surface finish, strength, etc.).
Magnetic pulse treatment of metals is a method of processing materialin which the effects of electrodynamic forces generated in a conducting body products, which is located in an alternating electromagnetic field.
Magnetic pulse treatment of metals is carried out according to the following schemes:
– flat sheet punching;
– improvement of physico-mechanical properties of the metal.
As a result of application of magnetic-pulse treatment possible punching of sheet and tubular blanks with a thickness up to 5 mm. dimensions of the workpiece (diameter of treated area) are due to the energy installation, the thickness of the processed material, the constructive capabilities of the inductor and tooling. The most effective magnetic-pulse method are processed billet of copper, aluminum, magnesium and their alloys.
The disadvantages of the method and systems include: the difficulty of producing parts with deep drawing the material being processed; the necessity of intermediate metal pads-“satellites” for metals with low conductivity, limited forms and sizes of workpieces for magnetic-pulse processing; low resistance inductors, especially when machining steel workpieces.
The magnetic field produced by the private generator installations, or as it is called, the inductor. After the high voltage supply creates a localized pressure onto the workpiece, which can be sent for compression, expansion or improvement of physico-mechanical properties of metals.
– improvement of the technical characteristics of the processed material (accuracy, surface finish, strength, etc.);
– most of the technological flexibility of the process. The same inductor can be formed parts of various configurations, driving smoothly and changing the value of the electromagnetic pulse;
– the absence of the transfer medium when forming. This allows you to shape metal workpieces through insulating coatings, partitions, wall of the vacuum chamber;
– magnetic-pulse processing of metals in the modern magnetic-impulse installations has a low level of noise;
– management and control over the work performed by one worker;
– a process easily amenable to automation and mechanization, which allows, if necessary, to ensure high performance and technical-economic indicators of the technological process;
– easy tooling;
– easy maintenance of the equipment;
– lack of aggressive environment.
– for various technological operations: cutting, Assembly, machining, welding, calibration, etc.;
– to improve the technical characteristics (accuracy, surface finish, strength, etc.);
– for effects on liquid and crystallizing metal melts.
As equipment for hardening the magnetic-pulse processing is used magnetic impulse unit (Miu) fitted with flat and cylindrical inductors with different physical characteristics.
|Maximum stored energy, kJ||6,8 – 12|
|The maximum charging voltage, kV||Of 5.5 – 6.0|
|The maximum working voltage, kV||4.5 to 5.5|
|Storage capacity, µf||450 – 750|
|The average power output of the charger, not less than VA||500|
|The power consumed by the unit from AC network with voltage 220 V, frequency 50 Hz, VA||3000|
|Mains voltage In||220|
|Power supply frequency, Hz||50|
|Length of installation, mm||950|
|Mounting width, mm||450|
|Installation height, mm||1600|
|The mass of installation, kg||400|