Light and durable material based on aluminium which is the very sheet building in the world
Light and durable material based on aluminum reinforced by boron nitride nanotubes.
Light and durable material by weight as aluminum, but almost 25 times more durable due to the use of nanotubes of boron nitride.
The advantages of nanotubes of boron nitride
The advantages of the material
Light and durable material can be used
Light and durable material – a composite material based on aluminum. It is as light as aluminum, but almost 25 times more durable, allowing you to match it with steel. The consolidation is made by means of nanotubes of boron nitride.
Nanotubes of boron nitride are structural analogues of carbon nanotubes. Boron nitride (chemical formula BN)— a binary compound of boron and nitrogen. Boron nitride, like carbon, can form sheets just one atom thick that are rolled into cylinders to create nanotubes.
The boron nitride nanotubes. Scale bar is 1 micrometer:
Types of composites:
– nanocomposites were created by deposition of the metal on the nanotubes;
– thin tape that looks like ordinary aluminum, but it is embedded nanostructures. The strength of these structures exceeds steel 50 times.
The advantages of nanotubes of boron nitride:
– direct, elastic, their location is easier to manage, achieving a uniform and therefore more durable texture material;
– compared to carbon nanotubes are more stable at high temperatures;
– can be used for shielding of neutron and ultraviolet radiation;
– possess piezoelectric properties can generate an electric charge when stretched;
– boron nitride is chemically passive, it reacts weakly with acids and solutions.
The advantages of the material:
– appliances manufactured using light and durable material, it will be easier, while maintaining other important qualities;
– reducing fuel consumption during transportation of parts from lightweight and durable material, increase range of movement and volume of cargo.
Light and durable material can be used:
– in aircraft;
– in mechanical engineering;
– in the construction of different degree of complexity;
– in Biomedicine, etc.