Karbin application what it is the crystal lattice the physical properties of the structure
Carbyne is the strongest known materials.
Carbyne is the strongest known materials harder than diamond, graphene, fullerenes and carbon nanotubes. Has unique properties.
Karbin – allotropic form of carbon
Other forms of carbon: graphene, carbyne, diamond, fullerene, carbon nanotube, “Vickery”.
Karbin – allotropic form of carbon:
Karbin – allotropic carbon form based on sp-hybridization of carbon atoms, a linear polymer of carbon. Made from carbon fragments are alternately triple and single bonds –C≡C–C≡C– (oleinovoi structure), or constant kumulamunai double bonds =C=C=C=C= (policealne structure). Can be linear in the form of threads or to form a cyclic structure.
Is a fine-grained black powder. Its density of 1.9÷2 g/cm3.
Obtained artificially by the Soviet chemist Yu. p. Kudryavtsev, A. M. by Sladkovi,Vladimir Kasatochkin and V. V. Korshak in the early 60-ies.
Subsequently found in nature as inclusions in natural materials: graphite, chaoite the meteoritic substance.
Carbyne is an allotropic form of carbon, alongside diamond, graphite, graphene, carbon nanotubes, fullerene.
Benefits and properties:
– has semiconductor properties. Under the influence of the light conductive properties of carbyne increase sharply, which makes possible its use in solar cells. Unlike other materials, the carbine retains these properties even at high temperatures up to 500 °C,
– at high heat without access of air turns into graphite,
– high biocompatibility and non-toxicity,
– most durable of all known materials. Specific strength of carbyne– 6,0·107 – 7,5·107 N∙m/kg, while the specific strength of a diamond – 2,5·107 – 6,5·107 N∙m/kg, graphene – 4,7·107 – 5,5 ·107 N∙m/kg, carbon nanotubes – 4,3·107 – 5,0·107 N∙m/kg,
– the hardest of all known materials. Specific stiffness of carbyne is about 109 N·m/kg, which is twice the specific stiffness of graphene is 0.45·109 N·m/kg,
– tensile kurbinovo thread radically change the electrical properties of conductor it becomes a dielectric. That is, pulling the thread of the carbine, you can disable and enable the conductivity,
– depending on the tension kurbinovo thread changes its optical absorption spectrum, making it possible to use in optoelectronic devices
– chemically inert, virtually like diamond,
– in the conditions of high pressures carbyne turns into a diamond. In contrast to graphite transformation into diamond carbine does not require the introduction of catalysts and, thus, allows to obtain a pure diamond material.