Intensive gardening for maximum yield apples Apple technology to grant
Intensive gardening for maximum yield in a limited area.
Intensive gardening allows you to get maximum yield in a limited area. Its main feature – the low fruit trees grafted on dwarf rootstock, planted in serried ranks. They very quickly start to bear fruit in the second year after laying, and on the third year, you can get a yield of 35-40 quintals per hectare. This is much faster than in a normal classical gardens.
The description of technology of intensive gardening
The benefits of intensive gardening
The technology of intensive gardening based on the following principles
The economic performance of intensive orchards compared to conventional
The description of technology of intensive gardening:
Intensive gardening allows you to get maximum yield in a limited area.
Its main feature – the low fruit trees grafted on dwarf rootstock, planted in serried ranks. They very quickly start to bear fruit in the second year after laying, and on the third year, you can get a yield of 35-40 quintals per hectare. This is much faster than in a normal classical gardens. There to wait the first results have much longer.
In intensive orchards at harvest requires fewer workers, productivity of their work higher. Pruning also takes place in the first place- faster, and secondly by less. The first truly large industrial harvest over 100 quintals per hectare – a common grower will receive in 8 years, and intense – 4.
Intensive horticulture uses only high-yielding released varieties of the intensive type, resistant to various adverse effects, including infectious diseases.
Intensive gardening can be successfully applied not only for growing apples, pears, plums, cherries and other fruit trees, but also in terms of the berry bushes – raspberry, gooseberry, BlackBerry, blueberry and honeysuckle.
The benefits of intensive gardening:
– little effort to care for trees and the harvest,
– high productivity,
– getting the first harvest in the second year,
– less costs for handling fertilizers.
The technology of intensive gardening based on the following principles:
– soil preparation. The soil should be fertilized with fertilizers. Fruit trees only bear fruit on fertile soil,
– high quality planting material. All trees must be small and the same height, i.e. have to use dwarf varieties. Varieties of trees should be high yielding. Their crown should be constantly pruning, giving the desired shape,
– fruit trees are planted not chaotic, but in neat rows, like the vineyards. Planting density must be very high, the distance between adjacent small trees. Between the rows should be a distance that could drive the tractor or take a few people
– each tree should be supported — it supports the stem. The support may be wood, metal or plastic. Otherwise, from the abundant fruit of the tree otteley and simply falls to the ground,
– fruit trees on dwarf rootstocks require constant care and attention. They grow well and produce fruit only in fertile soil with regular irrigation and protection against pests according to the rules. During the year, irrigation is carried out with simultaneous application of fertilizers, and in the spring Nagornova to trees not affected by seasonal frost,
– a prerequisite of high yield of fruit trees crown formation. The most appropriate considered the following parameters: a trunk height of 50-80 cm, Central conductor, the presence in the lower part of the trunk four or five poluobemnyh of branches above the conductor — fruit-bearing branches 3-4 years of age, which can be replaced periodically.
The economic performance of intensive orchards compared to conventional:
|Conventional gardens||Intensive gardens|
|Output of top commercial varieties, % (excluding improvised volunteer)||30-70||85-95|
|Productivity on the removal of the fruit, %||100 (500 kg per shift)||130-150 (650-800 kg per shift)|
|Labor costs for pruning|
|The first industrial crop (100 kg/ha), years||6-8 years||3-4 years|
|The payback period of investment years||7-9||4-6|
Fruit crops intensive type:
To fruit crops intensive type include:
– Apple varieties: Idared, Alma-ATA facilities, Jonathan (Winter red), Zarya Alatau, Golden delicious (Golden delicious), Korean, Lady Crimea, Renet Simirenko (pineapple winter), Starkrimson (American), Welsey,
pear varieties: the Abbot Vettel, Williams, Hoverla, Dikolor, Conference, Queen, Mistress,
– peaches varieties: Dixie Red, San Cross
– sweet cherry cultivars: van, Gigantic, Lapins, the World HART, Summit
– plum varieties: Huck, Eugene, Kabardian early, the ODA, the Prime Minister Özak, the Kyrgyz are excellent.
Note: © Photo .