Getting iodine from the bromo-iodine wells.
Getting iodine from the bromo-iodine wells is on electrosorption way without chemicals, but with the use of electricity. Settings allow you to extract the iodine from the low-power – low iodine content of the wells from 9-10 mg/L.
Getting iodine from the bromo-iodine wells is on electrosorption way without chemicals, but using electricity.
This method excludes from the technological scheme of obtaining of iodine the following technological operations that are involved in the traditional manufacture of iodine: acidification (adding mineral acids) and oxidation (chlorine).
Mineral water comes from the bromo-iodine wells and pumped by the pump into the tank, which houses the sorbent and the electrodes. In the reservoir, it extracts the iodine from the water by the sorbent, and then when you turn on an electric current iodine is washed out from the sorbents iodine concentrate.
– retention properties of the source water,
– the possibility of the release of iodine on low power with a low iodine content of the wells is around 9-10 mg of iodide per liter,
– the lack of negative effects of chemicals on the environment
– do not use chlorides and brines sulfuric acid.
– performance of iodine – 1 t/yr of marginal wells with low concentrations
– mobility – ability to use any raw material source for obtaining iodine-containing substances,
– environmental – desalination of mineralized waters with the aim of protecting the environment from clogging.
– food industry,