Fiberglass possesses chemical and biological inertness, high strength, exceeding the same indicator of steel wire, durability, moisture resistance, absence of mechanical wear and corrosion, a constant size during operation, temperature resistance, wide temperature range (from -200 to +600).
Fiberglass is a technical material, which is obtained from glass fibers, processed by the so-called zamaslivatele – emulsion containing the wax.
Raw materials for material is a silicate glass with the contents of aluminium and boron. It melted in a special furnace and is forced through superfine holes of the die. The obtained fibers are soft, elasticity, extreme fineness and high strength. Their diameter is often less than a human hair and is from 3 to 100 micrometers. Length of the fibers can be up to 20 kilometers. Tightly twisted thread is wound on a Babin and sent to further processing on Shuttle or shuttleless weaving machines, where different ways of weaving and created fiberglass.
Fiberglass is represented by several species:
– electrical insulation,
– non-flammable and non-combustible. Fiberglass withstands exposure to open fire,
– ecological purity and absolute non-toxicity,
– chemical and biological inertness. Products tolerate treatment with alkalis and acids, they do not rot and are not nutrient substrate for microorganisms,
– immunity to ultraviolet rays,
– high strength, exceeding the same indicator of steel wire,
– no mechanical wear and corrosion
– electrical insulation properties
– is not subject to magnetic influences,
– temperature resistance. Some types of matter can withstand temperatures up to 1200 OS,
– wide range of operating temperatures. The fabric does not lose properties when used in -200 and +600 OS
– moisture resistance. The fabric does not absorb moisture, does not stretch and is not destroyed under the action of liquids
– the constancy of dimensions during operation
– the acquisition of high stiffness while a particular treatment,
– excellent sound absorption,
– ability to retain original shape, to resist aging and to resist deformation
– ease of use.
– construction materials,
– auto and shipbuilding,
– electrical products,
– consumer goods,