Fiberglass reinforcement as cheap and environmentally friendly building material.
Fiberglass rebar 2 times cheaper than ordinary reinforcing steel, settlement area 2 times smaller than steel, the ultimate tensile strength is 3.5 times more than steel, weight is 9 times less than the steel reinforcement provides increased service life of structures by 2-3 times.
Fiberglass reinforcement – composite reinforcement made from fiberglass, giving strength, and thermosetting resins acting as binders.
– fiberglass reinforcement is more than 2 times cheaper than conventional steel rebar (excluding savings on transportation and building costs)
– cutting the fiberglass reinforcement is carried out by the clippers, bolt cutters or grinder,
– fiberglass reinforcement has a design area is 2 times smaller than steel,
– the limit of the tensile strength is 3.5 times more than steel,
– weight is 9 times less than that of steel reinforcement,
– reducing the cost of transport, loading and unloading, as well as facilitating the execution of the works on the construction site,
– application in the form of individual rods, and a reinforced grids and frameworks,
– increase of service life of structures by 2-3 times,
– 100% environmental friendliness: no harmful and toxic substances
– has a thermal conductivity 100 times lower than steel practically does not conduct heat, eliminating cold bridges
– resistance to low temperatures (from -70 to +100 degrees Celsius),
– high corrosion resistance and durability, does not cause the destruction of concrete,
to apply enough to replace steel reinforcement for fiberglass of the same diameter, or 1 size smaller, without additional calculations or modifications of the project, for example, steel of diameter d10 for fiberglass diameter d8,
– does not change the strength under the influence of electromagnetic fields
– uniform and high adhesion of the winding to the bearing of the valve stem,
– significantly reduces the cost of capital repairs,
– has a coefficient of thermal expansion as concrete,
– the modulus of elasticity is higher by 20% than the competition and is 61 000 MPa,
– the cost of fiberglass reinforcement in high characteristics one of the lowest in Russia
– does not change its mechanical properties in aggressive environment under the influence of acids, alkalis and salts.
– in foundations,
– for concrete and hybrid concrete structures,
– for floors and slabs on the ground,
– in structures in contact with sea water: coastal protection, embankments construction or road construction elements exposed to deicing agents,
– the repair of concrete structures exposed to aggressive environments (chloride, etc),
– thin-walled structures for various purposes in cases where there is no possibility to provide regulatory requirements for the thickness of the protective layer,
– for reinforcement of masonry, especially in the winter when the mortar introduced antifreeze additive – chloride salt that will corrode steel reinforcement
– in the construction of houses of permanent formwork,
– in sewers and structures below the zero level of occurrence for elimination of stray currents and electro-osmosis,
– to improve the thermal performance of walls,
– in structures exposed to a constant thermal regime above 60°C and intermittent to 100°C
– in the supporting structures of the pool, with wall thickness from 200mm,
– in the reinforcement of wood and laminated beams to increase the rigidity of the bending element (reduction of wood volume to 30%, saving up to 15% of the cost of the wood),
– the agro-industrial facilities (poultry houses, pigsties, barns), because the valve does not contain a phenolic resin,
– on road construction sites (in the paintings of heavy traffic) as load-bearing reinforcement.
In the construction of bearing designs of overlappings.
|Steel rebar||Fiberglass reinforcement (composite)|
|Has ø 14-ø||ASP-10|
|Reinforcement steel class A-III (A400C)||Reinforcement fiberglass (composite)|
|Diameter, mm.||The weight of 1 sq. m in kg.||The number 1 subway in tn.||Diameter, mm.||The weight of 1 sq. m in kg.||Number of meters in 1 ton.|
|Ø8||0,4||2 532||Ø6||0,040||25 000|
|Ø10||0,62||1 621||Ø7||0,062||16 129|
|Ø12||0,89||1 126||Ø8||0,080||12 500|
|Has ø 14-ø||1,21||826||Ø10||0,120||8 333|
|Ø18||2||500||Has ø 14-ø||0,280||3 571|
|Ø22||Of 2.98||336||Ø18||0,450||2 222|