Fiber lasers are superior to other types of lasers.
Fiber laser is a laser with fully or partially fiber-optic implementation, where optical fibers are made of reinforcing environment and, in some cases, the resonator.
Fiber laser is a laser with fully or partially fiber-optic implementation, where optical fibreand the amplifying medium is made and, in some cases, the resonator. Depending on the degree of fiber implementation, the laser can be cernovodeanu (active medium and resonator) or fiber-to-discrete (fiber only the resonator or other elements).
Fiber lasers can operate in continuous, as well as in nano – and femtosecond pulsed ripple.
The design of the laser depends on the nature of their work. The resonator system could be Fabry-Perot or ring resonator. In most structures as the active medium is a fiber datirovannoe ions of rare earth elements thulium, erbium, neodymium, ytterbium, praseodymium. The pumping laser is carried out using one or more laser diodes directly into the fibers or in the powerful systems in the inner shell.
Fiber lasers have gained wide application with a wide range of parameters, the possibility of pulse settings a wide range of durations, frequencies and capacities.
The power of fiber lasers from 1 W to 30 kW. The length of the optical fiber up to 20 m.
– cutting of metals and polymers in industrial production,
– precision cutting,
– micromachining of metals and polymers
– surface treatment,
– heat treatment,
– product branding
– telecommunications (fiber optic lines),
– electronics manufacturing,
– manufacture of medical devices
– scientific instrumentation.
– fiber lasers are a unique tool that opens a new era in the treatment of materials
– portability and choice of wavelength of fiber lasers lead to new and effective application is not available to other types of existing lasers
– superior to other types of lasers in almost all material parameters that are important from the point of view of their industrial use,
– possibility of pulse settings a wide range of durations, frequencies and capacities,
a sequence of short pulses with the required frequency and high peak powerthat is needed, for example, for laser engraving,
– a wide range of parameters.
|Option||Required for use in industry||CO2||YAG-Nd lamp-pumped lasers||YAG-Nd diode-pumped||Diode lasers||Fiber lasers|
|Power output, kW||1…30||1…30||1…5||1…4||1…4||1…30|
|Wavelength, µm||as little as possible||10,6||1,064||1,064 or 1.03||0,8 0,98…||Of 1.07|
|BPP, mm x mrad||< 10||3…6||22||22||> 200||1,3…14|
|Efficiency, %||> 20||8…10||2…3||4…6||25…30||20…25|
|A range of delivery radiation fiber||10…300||missing||20…40||20…40||10…50||10..300|
|Output power stability||as possible||low||low||low||high||very high|
|Sensitivity to back-reflection||as low as possible||high||high||high||low||low|
|The occupied space, sq. m||as little as possible||10…20||11||9||4||0,5|
|The cost of installation, Rel.ed.||as little as possible||1||1||0,8||0,2||< 0,05|
|The cost of operation, Rel.ed.||as little as possible||0,5||1||0,6||0,2||0,13|
|The cost of maintenance, Rel.ed.||as little as possible||1…1,5||1||4…12||4…10||0,1|
|The frequency of replacement of lamps or laser diodes, hour.||more||–||300…500||2000…5000||2000…5000||> 50 000|