Electrical wire Cu-Nb nanostructured high strength and electrical conductivity.
Nanostructured electrical wires of Cu-Nb (copper-niobium) with abnormally high strength and electrical conductivity, represent a new class of technical high strength, September of wires of composite materials. They have strength comparable to steel 1200-1500 MPa and high conductivity at the level of 60-75% of the electrical conductivity of high purity copper.
Electrical wires of Cu-Nb (copper-niobium) nanostructured with abnormally high strength and electrical conductivity, represent a new class of technical high strength, September of wires of composite materials with nanometric level of dispersion of the microstructure.
Technology of production of these SuperPreview allows electrical wires having strength levels of steel 1200-1500 MPa and high conductivity at the level of 60-75% of the electrical conductivity of high purity copper.
The asymmetric effect of improving the strength and conductivity of nanocomposite material electrical wires of Cu-Nb is achieved due to its nanometric structure and is associated with the formation of a new type poluchennyh interphase boundaries of metal atoms in the alloy Cu-Nb.
The production technology is the introduction of the copper matrix in the conventional wireand tape niobium fibers with a thickness of 6-10 nanometers. In the resulting composite wire cross-section of 2×3 mm are present up to 400 million such fibers, and they provide a high mechanical strength. The thickness of the Nb-fibers <15 nm, the distance between the Nb-fibers <60 nm. A small distance between fibers, comparable to the average path length of the electrons in the copper matrix, it is possible to achieve electrical conductivity at the level of 40-80% of the value of the conductivity of pure copper.
– the strength level of steel 1200-1500 MPa,
– at the same time high electrical conductivity at the level of 60-75% of the electrical conductivity of high purity copper.
Lengthy technical September high-strength Cu-Nb wire round and rectangular cross-sections from 0.05 mm to 4 mm x 6 mm have the following combination of strength and conductive properties:
– from the level of strength of 800-900 MPa when the electrical conductivity at the level of 80-85% IACS
– to the level of strength of the steel 1100-1500 MPa when the electrical conductivity at the level of 55-75% IACS.
(IACS – international Annealed Copper Standard, where 100% IACS = 1,7241 μω*cm).
– winding wire rectangular cross-section for high field pulse magnets and magnetic-pulse stamping
– composite contact wires for high-speed rail transport,
– the wires and cables of high reliability for aerospace,
– highly durable microwire for electronics, mini – motors, special highly flexible cables.
– microwire devices resonant transmission of electric energy,
– inductors for magnetic pulse forming and welding,
– foil – in electronics for flexible printed circuit boards and wires,
– large magnetic system for 50 – 100 TL.
– high field cryogenic synchronizers frequency.