Eco-friendly is the PEF material for 3d printing.
Developed eco-friendly PEF material, which can be used for 3d printing on any available 3d printer with the default settings, printer FDM technology. This material is based on cellulose and is completely eco-friendly.
Developed environmentally friendly material PEF – poly(ethylene-2,5-furandicarboxylate) related to complex esters. This material is created on the basis of cellulose.
The PEF material is synthesized in 3 stages. First, the cellulose transformirovalsya 5-(gidroksimetil)furfural (5-HMF). There are several known chemical methods of this chemical reaction. After that 5-HMF is oxidized to 2,5-furandicarboxylic acid. Then, furandicarboxylic acid in the reaction with methanol is converted to the corresponding ester – material PEF. The chemical reaction is quite simple, not require much effort and energy already in use in chemical production in industrial scale.
The PEF material can be used for 3d printing on any available 3d printer with the default settings, printer FDM technology.
– the material has high chemical stability,
– not oxidized,
– does not decompose in the environment
– resistant to chemical solvents,
– completely eco-friendly. On combustion, forms carbon dioxide and water,
– can be reused
– is renewable,
– the simplicity and low cost of obtaining,
– can serve as a replacement of traditional plastics.