Cubic boron nitride.
Cubic boron nitride is a binary compound of boron and nitrogen (NB), superhard material based on cubic β-modification of boron nitride, like diamond.
Cubic boron nitride is a binary compound of boron and nitrogen (NB), superhard material based on cubic β-modification (sphalerite) boron nitride, like diamond.
Cubic boron nitride kristallizuetsya in the structure of zinc blende ZnS (cubic structure).
– high hardnessof 10 on Mohs scale. Its high hardness 3 to 4 times the hardness of traditional abrasives,
– the density of 3.45 g/cm3,
– high durability, long lasting sharpness,
– is a good insulator with a band gap of 10 eV,
– high chemical resistance, does not react with acids and alkalis, inert to practically all chemical elements included in the composition of steels and alloys,
– high thermal resistance, resistant to oxidation up to 1900-2000 OS. While the diamond at a temperature of 800 ° C begins to oxidize.
– atomic energy,
– electrical engineering,
– semiconductors, dielectrics, integrated circuits
– widely used as abrasive material
– industrial ceramics.
Note: © Photo