Cryogenic treatment of cast iron, steels and metal alloys mechanical
Cryogenic treatment of cast iron, steels and alloys.
Cryogenic processing allows to increase durability and resource of products from iron, steels and alloys up to 300%.
Cryogenic treatment of cast iron, steels and alloys
The benefits of cryogenic treatment
Cryogenic treatment is suitable for
Cryogenic treatment of cast iron, steels and alloys:
Cryogenic processing – the process of slow cooling of parts and tools in croprocessor to the temperature of liquid nitrogen – 196 C With subsequent holding at this temperature for 24 to 36 hours. Then comes the process of gradual return to room temperature. Process temperature changes are automated and controlled with an accuracy of one degree.
The cryogenic treatment allows to increase durability and resource of products from iron, steels and alloys up to 300%.
Cryogenic treatment of cast iron, steels and alloys is possible at the initial stage of the manufacturing process (before tempering) of steel products, for example to improve machinability. After the heat treatment (annealing) for improving the mechanical and operational characteristics of products. And after the final thermal operation (holiday) with the purpose of hardening.
In the process cryogenic processing metal for a long time in the environment of liquid or gaseous nitrogen at low temperatures, where the diffusion saturation of the surface layer with nitrogen is not happening.
Cryogenic processing is not the final operation of heat treatment. To reduce the thermal stresses caused by quenching and cryogenic processing, and obtaining desired mechanical properties of steel parts subjected to cryogenic treatment after aging or vacation.
The cryogenic treatment is done only once and needs no repetition, since material properties acquired through a complex heat treatment, persist for long time operation.
Cryogenic processing is exposed cast iron, structural, alloyed, stainless, heat-resistant, tool steels, magnetic steels and alloys.
The efficiency of the process cryogenic processing is achieved only at certain temperature-time parameters and technological regimes: the rate of cooling, time intervals of exposure and cycles, heating rate, temperatures leave.
Advantages of cryogenic processing:
In the result of structural phase changes at cryogenic processing changes the mechanical and performance properties:
– increase of hardness, wear resistance and toughness as a result of the transformation of residual austenite into martensite,
– improved dimensional stability (dimensional stability),
– increased impact strength and wear resistance of steels through the formation of fine carbides of alloying elements,
– increase of thermal conductivity,
– increase the resource due to removal of residual stresses,
– to increase the durability and life of products by up to 300%.
Cryogenic treatment suitable for:
– improved wear resistance and cutting properties of tool steels, including plastic, metal and woodworking tool,
– increase the hardness, wear resistance, and reduce scatter of the hardness pressing, stamping, rolling, piercing tool, measuring tools, made of high carbon alloy steel,
– increase the hardness, the depth of the hardened layer and the wear resistance of case hardening of parts made of alloyed structural steels,
– the increase in cyclic strength, resource fasteners, collets, springs, torsion bars, springs and elastic elements of machines made of carbon and alloy structural steels,
– increase the hardness of stainless steels with a high content of carbon, used for the manufacture of tools, including surgical,
– improve the quality of the surface (to obtain a uniform mirror surface) of parts subjected to lapping or polishing,
– stabilization of the dimensions of the parts of piston pumps, compressors, measuring instruments, ball and roller bearings,
– improve magnetic properties of some special alloys for permanent magnets,
– dimensional stability and added abrasion resistance, casting made of grey and ductile iron,
– maintain a high operational durability and resistance to shock and vibration, and improve durability of plates and rods made of titanium-tungsten and tungsten carbide,
– increase durability and drilling performance carbide rock cutting tool,
– eliminate the marriage heat treatment of parts due to low or uneven hardness after quenching,
– dimensional stability non-ferrous castings intended for the manufacture of housings, precision equipment and instruments,
– long-term storage in plastic state the tempered of aluminum,
– better performance of cables and electronic equipment,
– improve the acoustic characteristics of wind instruments, percussion and string instruments, as well as increase their service life.