Construction of roads using phosphogypsum.
Construction of roads using phosphogypsum allows you to build roads of higher quality, have longer life, significantly cheaper than traditional asphalt.
Building roads with phosphogypsum application allows you to build roads of higher quality, have longer life, significantly cheaper than traditional asphalt.
Phosphogypsum is a byproduct waste that is formed during the production of mineral fertilizers. It has been successfully used for reclamation of sodic (saline) soils, cement production, production of building materials. It contains not less than 80% gypsum (CaSO4·2H2O) in the form of small crystals, as well as other impurities. However, Russia has already accumulated about 320 tons of waste and this number increases every year.
Phosphogypsum completely replaces the conventional expensive materials – sand, rubble or gravel, and thus to give the base of the road a high performance.
Phosphogypsum quickly hardens in the open air after mechanical compaction.
When laying and hardening of phosphogypsum formed a solid monolithic stone slab, which increases its hardness every year.
Road construction, built using phosphogypsum, in fact even surpass the usual cement-soil and crushed stone road base. Certification according to GOST RV
There are two options for the construction of roads using phosphogypsum:
– the construction of the only road from phosphogypsum and subsequent paving of the top layer,
– the construction of the entire road (all layers) from phosphogypsum.
the base of the road is perfectly resistant to repeated sharp changes in temperature, including freezing to great depths of the earth. The coating is not destroyed and is not washed out by water,
– lack of a track that is typically formed at conventional asphalt coating
– on the road can easily drive heavy machinery without causing harm to the road surface,
– looks no different from the traditional asphalt track,
– has high strength which can be compared only with the concrete grade 300,
– the thickness of the road base is much less than with conventional asphalt road
– the absence of any thermal seams and joints typical of concrete road
– the possibility of laying of road base on any ground, whether forest, field or wetland. There is no need to remove the top layer of soil or uproot the roots of shrubs and trees – they become an integral part of the new roadway. When laying in the swampy area further establishes the reinforcing mesh and increases the thickness of the finished cover up to 30-40 cm,
– the possibility of building a road at any time of the year (year-round), including in the winter. Binding properties of phosphogypsum do not depend on temperature and humidity
under the influence of low temperatures phosphogypsum does not lose its binding qualities,
– service life of the coating of phosphogypsum is at least 50 years
– built the road after only four days can be put into operation.
– reducing the cost of road construction by 30% or more due to the low cost of phosphogypsum, which is essentially a waste of chemical industry,
– the price of phosphogypsum is less than one ruble for one ton.
© Photo ,