CLT panels cross-glued wood lumber made from softwood and hardwood. The layers of wood laid at 90 degrees relative to each other and glued under pressure into a single array.
CLT panels are versatile material, used as large-sized wall elements, ceilings and roofs, can also be used in conjunction with other construction materials: concrete, brick, steel, glass, stone.
CLT panels (from the English Cross Laminated Timber – a cross-glued wood) are made from lumber of coniferous and deciduous breeds. Drying chambers to a moisture content of 12% the wood is stacked layers at 90 degrees relative to each other and glued under pressure into a single array. Technology cross-bonding saves the wood from its inherent weaknesses and allows for a new use of this material.
– environmentally friendly, including the adhesive system, 100% natural material, complied with all health standards,
– the durability, the service life of buildings made of CLT panels over 100 years
– fast Assembly of the model CLT domokomplekta possible in a few days
– thermal insulation, natural low thermal conductivity and high heat capacity,
– temperature resistance, burning rate of the plate is 0.6 – 0.7 mm per minute at a temperature of 1200 degrees with a decrease of this indicator in the process of formation of the carbon protective layer during combustion,
– no shrinkage, finishing possible immediately after construction,
– the availability, the cost of 1m2 of the wall of the CLT-panel starts from 900 rubles,
– strength, can withstand enormous loads, maintaining the shape and size,
– versatility, are used for walls, floors, warm roofs,
– compatibility with all types of interior and exterior decoration,
– 100% natural coniferous boards,
– dimensional stability, nepronitsaemo, windproof walls and joints
– possibility of combination of interior and exterior walls without preparatory work
– possibility of installation of curtain walls,
– the possibility of using cross-beam panels in the floors,
– the possibility of building houses up to 10 floors and more
– high fire resistance
– the possibility of implementing any architectural style
– high earthquake resistance (7-8 points),
– low thermal conductivity (0,13 W/MK) and high specific thermal capacity (of 2.10 kJ/kg),
– high interior partitions, floors soundproofing,
– the lack of dynamic vibrations in the floors (the trampoline effect),
is 6 times lighter than concrete,
– dimensional stability and static strength in all directions
– reduced construction time 2 times
– increased internal space by reducing the thickness of the walls (1/3 compared to concrete and glulam),
– easy handling during construction and a high level of prefabrication contributes to the rapid completion of the project,
– able exterior and combination of CLT panels with any facing material (brick, stone, imitation logs, etc.) makes the technology versatile and adaptable to any architectural style, especially for Hi-Tech.
– low-rise house building (any architectural form and design decisions),
– construction mid-rise (3-10 floors),
– multi-storey housing (20, 30, 40 or more floors),
– construction of industrial buildings, including all building envelope , structural columns, including crane paths, all types of beams , floors, farms ,etc.
– the construction of public buildings, shopping complexes, sports facilities, hotels, restaurants, multistory Parking,etc.
– specialized and conventional warehouses, special-purpose facilities,
– prefabricated construction projects (including ensuring victims of natural disasters),
– the temporary use, with the possibility of dismantling and moving to a new place of use with minimal cost and losses,
– construction of bridges, long-span crossings over highways, railroad tracks, wind turbines 100 metres or more,etc.
– used as the columns under the crane way for the tasks of moving loads anywhere from 100 to 300 or more tons, with high dynamic loads,
– complex architectural and historical construction projects that require precise execution of facade, interior and other works,
– technical CLT-mats are used as bearing surfaces in places of use of equipment or execution of works, where the ground is hard enough as temporary road to access the construction site,
– as a crane support pads
– design: wall decors, light partitions, screens,
– the furniture.
Note: © Photo