Chelated fertilizer is a micronutrient fertilizers that contain trace elements – the corresponding metal ion in the form of complex organic compounds – chelate. The effectiveness of chelate fertilizers on the growth and development of plants exceeds all other forms of mineral fertilizers in 2-10 times.
Chelated fertilizer is a micronutrient fertilizers that contain trace elements – the corresponding metal ion in the form of complex organic compounds – chelate.
Chelates are organic compounds of metalsare complex, with the participation of chelating agents. Different fertilizers are different chelating agents that bind metal ions. A chelating agent firmly holds the metal ion in a soluble condition until the moment of delivery to the plant.
Chelating agents vary in the strength of binding of the metal ion. For the correct selection of the chelate is important to know the limits of its stability depending on the pH (acidity) of the soil solution.
Chelated fertilizers are presented in the form of highly concentrated aqueous solution or powder. The content of microelements in chelated fertilizer is 3-6 % of the total weight.
The main trace elements needed by plants are iron, manganese, copper, zinc, boron, molybdenum and cobalt. To replace trace minerals, no chemicals. Minerals are closely involved in the biochemical processes in plants. They activate enzymes, photosynthetic activity, involved in the biosynthesis of chlorophyll, influence on carbohydrate and nitrogen metabolism, transport of sugars. Trace elements play a vital role in increasing drought and cold hardiness, resistance to diseases, accelerate the growth and development of plants. All this ultimately contributes to yield and especially quality products.
When they (the elements) the absence of all vital processes in the plant is slowing sharply. At least, suffers from the timing of their occurrence. At best, you will find the yield reduction, and at worst the death of plants.
Chelated fertilizer enables the plants to receive adequate nutrition and all micro and macro elements, which directly influence their livelihoods.
– allow the plants to receive adequate nutrition and all micro and macro elements which directly affect their livelihoods,
– have an increased rate of absorption by the organisms of plants. This implies that the required number of chelate fertilizers are much less than the number, for example, sulphate of fertilizer needed to achieve the same result
chelated fertilizers are absorbed by plants at 90% and not 30% -40%,
– metal ions remain in a soluble state prior to their contact with plants due gelatinous agent
the effectiveness of chelate fertilizers on the growth and development of plants exceeds all other forms of mineral fertilizers in 2-10 times,
– not susceptible to degradation in soil by microorganisms
– stable in all types of soils, how soil and acidic range,
– inability chelates to engage in cross-reactions and form indigestible compounds
– virtually no contact with soil that allows plants to easily consume them from there.
Note: © Photo .