Carbon nanaina represents the smallest mesh of carbon nanotubes and clusters.
Carbon nanaina represents the smallest mesh of carbon nanotubes and clusters. In the carbon nanophone carbon clusters strung on an irregular three-dimensional grid with a period of 5.6±0,4 Å. Each cluster has a diameter of about 6 nm, and contains about 12000 atoms of carbon. Clusters are joined in a graphite-like layers, which are heptagonal inclusion in a hexagonal structure. Resulting carbon layers have negative curvature.
In contrast nanopen fullerenes have positive curvature due to pentagonal inclusions in their hexagonal carbon structure.
On the structure of carbon nanopen similar to the aerogel.
Carbon nanopen is one of the allotropic forms of carbon , alongside diamond, graphite, graphene, carbon nanotubes, fullerene, carbyne , etc.
– apparently carbon of nanopen is a very light powder black
– the density of nanopen of the order of 0.2 mg/cm3. Its density is 100 times less than the density of the carbon aerogel. For comparison, the air density of 1.29 mg/cm3, the density of silica aerogel 1 g/cm3, the density of aerografia 0.18 mg/ cm3,
– is a semiconductor. Specific resistance of 10-30 Mω·m (at room temperature), which decreases as the heating,
– the conductivity of nanopen much smaller than carbon aerogel,
– has strong paramagnetic properties, and at temperatures below ~92 K (the Curie temperature) becomes ferromagnetic. “Permanent” magnetic moment manifests itself immediately after fabrication and is observed within a couple of hours. It is the only form of carbon that is attracted to the magnet at room temperature
the large surface area, which is 300-400 m2/g,
– absorbs infrared rays.
– storage of hydrogen in fuel cells,
– in electronics.
Note: © Photo ,