Bioadhesive has been as a substitute for toxic formaldehyde resin.
Bioadhesive has been designed to replace toxic formaldehyde resin used in the manufacture of wood, chipboard, on a fundamentally new, environmentally friendly and safe binder, which is himself. At the same time is a technology biotech recycling of food production with the aim of obtaining ecologically safe biokleen.
The technology is awaiting funding!
The global trend is to focus on environmentally friendly and not harmful to human health technology. In the absence of raw materials and cost, natural adhesives are virtually not produced. Usedona much greater development abroad, the search for new chemical components of synthetic adhesives that reduce their toxicity. Developed by Russian scientists of the adhesive composition is bioadhesive has been in its composition, method of production and ecological safety is in the group of adhesives of natural origin.
Bioadhesive has been designed to replace toxic formaldehyde resin used in the manufacture of wood, chipboard, on a fundamentally new, environmentally friendly and safe binder, which is himself.
At the same time the production of bioadhesive – this technology is the biotech recycling of food production with the aim of obtaining ecologically safe biokleen.
Bioadhesive has been – this viscous–fluid liquid of dark brown color, with mild odor of burnt sugar.
Bioadhesive has been based dextran, which is produced by harmless microorganisms (used in the food industry) as a result of the biotransformation of polysaccharides in organic processed products of food production (molasses, stillage and whey). Dextrans are polyglycoside, synthesized from sucrose by microorganisms and enzyme preparations isolated from cultures of the same microorganisms.
– replace the toxic formaldehyde resin used in the manufacture of wood, chipboard, on a fundamentally new, environmentally friendly and safe binder;
– recycling food production,
The use of formaldehyde resins in the manufacture of wallboard and building products has a number of problems, prohibitions and restrictions:
– toxicity urea-formaldehyde resins (impact on health of manufacturing staff and users);
– a ban on the use of materials from wood stoves in the educational and medical institutions, due to the emission of phenols and formaldehyde;
– insufficient strength of the material leading to rejection of products, damage to or loss of furniture when moving (moving, repairs, etc.);
– instability of the material to moisture (if moisture gets on the furniture made of wood panels, it begins to break down);
– emissions of harmful substances during disposal, the manufacture and operation of products of wood plates.
Production of formaldehyde resins is already an unacceptable burden on the environment, because currently the vast majority of producers of formaldehyde resins in Russia and other countries are using outdated technology for the synthesis of resins from formaldehyde stabilized with methanol.
As a result of their activities, these enterprises annually discharged into sewage treatment plant over three thousand tons of tar-water, containing about forty tons of formaldehyde and more than three hundred tons of methyl alcohol.
– the cost of bioadhesive is much lower than its counterparts (30-50%),
– bioadhesive has been cheaper formaldehyde resin 20-30%,
– absolutely harmless for both consumers and producers
– the use of processed products for food companies,
– organization of production of bioadhesive will allow food businesses to established sales and production wastes to reduce the costs associated with the processing of secondary raw materials
– bioadhesive has been not only allows to solve the problem of market saturation with glue, but the reduction of the ecological load on the environment associated with disposal of waste,
– for a manufacturer of wallboard, there is no need in re-equipment of existing production of wood, chipboard.
The figure below shows the process of obtaining a bioadhesive.
Fig. 1. The process of obtaining bioadhesive
On the basis of wood and the bioadhesive is made bioplata, which has the following advantages compared to conventional wood stoves:
– it is solid (doesn’t crumble when machining and assembling finished products, e.g. furniture),
– environmentally safe,
– biodegradable (can be disposed of without harm to the environment)
– there is a possibility of recycling.
|Name of the parameter:||The value||Requirements for particle boards according to GOST 10632-2007|
|Swelling in thickness %, (TV*):|
|Ultimate strength in static bending, MPa, (Tn*)||14-19||12-15|
|The limit of tensile strength perpendicular to the plate, MPa, (Tn)||>0.3 mm||0,3–0,4|
|Specific resistance to pulling screws, N/mm, (Tn):|
|from the edge||41||45-30|
|Formaldehyde content, mg per 100 g dry plate||0,01**||<8|
* – Tn and TV are respectively the lower and upper limits of indices.
** – the natural formaldehyde emission of wood.
Here are the links to the sources:
http://bioeco.tomsk.ru/russian/Produkt/ ; https://findpatent.ru/patent/257/2574631.html.
Note: © Photo https://www.pexels.com, https://pixabay.com, http://bioeco.tomsk.ru/russian/Produkt/