Airless tire is a hollow construction, in which instead of air, used rubber, polyurethane, fiberglass, etc. bet the walls of elastic materials. They reduce the fuel consumption of a vehicle and can be used in tough and extreme conditions.
Airless tire is a hollow construction, in which instead of air, used rubber, polyurethane, fiberglass, etc. bet the walls of elastic materials. On the hub are attached to special order spokes, and outside – rubber ring (rim protector) as normal tyres. The rim may at any time to be replaced. Shock absorber in the airless tires light wheel are inset with the spaces between the protector and stupica. In some cases, needles may resemble a honeycomb. Others to be similar to conventional spokes. Thirdly, have different forms.
Airless tires are designed to replace conventional pneumatic tire and to eliminate its drawback: sudden loss of excessive air pressure in the pneumatic automobile tire with a high-speed movement of the machine in most cases lead to traffic accident. With the airless tire is not going to happen.
The use of airless tire still has some limitations. They can be used in vehicles that have a small weight and the speed of movement of which is not more than 80 km/h (Bicycle, scooter, machinery, etc.).
On the other hand, the airless tires can be used in harsh and extreme conditions, when there is a high probability of puncture of the pneumatic tire.
wheel easily changes its shape depending on the surface on which rides the vehicle. All the holes and bumps become unnoticed
– low weight compared to conventional tires, which reduces mass transport means, and hence the fuel consumption,
– no need to check air pressure in tires, because it is not,
– no need for additional fixtures and tools – pumps, demerath,etc.,
the wheel will not be able to burst and he is not afraid of punctures. However, if about 70 % of the structure is in normal condition, the tire remains in a healthy,
– reduction of fuel consumption,
– possibility of use in extreme conditions
– reduction of anthropogenic load on the environment. The use of airless tires will lead to less waste than end-of-life pneumatic tires,
– durability compared to traditional pneumatic tires.
Note: © Photo https://www.ksml.fi, ,